BEST FLOORSTANDING SPEAKERS UNDER £500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking for some new Floorstanding speakers around the £500 mark (as the missus wont let me spend anymore) I know bookshelf speakers will probably be better but i have a 9 week old baby and dont really want him pulling the stands over onto him.

My room is only 3x5 meters.

I would use probably 60% films/tv and 40% music.

I am not really a basshead but i do like my speakers to be able to get down fairly low without the use of a woofer. I do like a clear crisp upper end.

The Speakers will be ran from my Pioneer vsx-lx55 and i dont really know if pioneers are particularly bright sounding or what.

I have already narrowed down some Morduant short Aviano 6's but just really wondering if there is anyone out there who could recommend something better in the price range, of course if there is something better for £400.

Thanks in advance.

markvh1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
May I suggest the excellent Monitor Audio RX6 speakers which I have for sale due to my recent upgrade. They are in oak finish and about 1 year old.

[Unpublished - House Rules]

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
How about the Tannoy Revolution Signature DC4T or the Dali Zensor 5 speakers both can be had for less than £500 now. Tannoy speakers certainly went well with my Pioneer amp, give them an audition if you can 1st though before making your mind up whatever you decide on.

Regards ...

A

Anonymous

thanks for the offer, but i really need black to be honest. Thanks though. I know they are an amazing speaker.

SPLAT

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
For under £500 the Dali Zenzor 5s are a very small floorstander that have really tight grip on the bass and really pump it out. They treble is also very smooth and penetrates the higher frequencies with ease. You’ll be overwhelmed by what these little toys can do.

kinger5542 said:
Hi,

I am looking for some new Floorstanding speakers around the £500 mark (as the missus wont let me spend anymore) I know bookshelf speakers will probably be better but i have a 9 week old baby and dont really want him pulling the stands over onto him.

My room is only 3x5 meters.

I would use probably 60% films/tv and 40% music.

I am not really a basshead but i do like my speakers to be able to get down fairly low without the use of a woofer. I do like a clear crisp upper end.

The Speakers will be ran from my Pioneer vsx-lx55 and i dont really know if pioneers are particularly bright sounding or what.

I have already narrowed down some Morduant short Aviano 6's but just really wondering if there is anyone out there who could recommend something better in the price range, of course if there is something better for £400.

Thanks in advance.

As regards nippers not pulling speakers over, you're probably best looking at standmounts. The weight of the stands will make them more secure than a floorstander IMO.

F

FunkyMonkey

Problem is a heavy metal.object with sharp edges is going to damage a toddler more if it does fall than a heavy box.

So floorstander is the right choice.

Plus, you can tie a string to the back to anchor to wall.

Tannoy. Super accurate and crisp in higher frequencies, and great bass.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. PPs suggestion is a strange one ?

Floorstanders with plinths are far more stable. Some FS aren't great. I had a pair of B&W CM7s for instance that would be easier to get over than my AVI ADM40.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello kinger5542,

I don't know how these compare to the other speakers that have been listed so far, but from my own experience I can recommend the floorstanding speakers that I have in my kitchen, Eltax Shine 8. You can see details at this link from an outlet in France, cost 259 Euros, though I'm not clear how much it will cost to post them to Britain. They are available in Calvados, which I myself prefer, or in your favoured Black. http://www.son-video.com/Rayons/Hifi/Enceintes/Eltax-Shine-8.html

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I would suggest the Dali Zensor 5 - to my mind the performance on offer makes them a complete bargain. The added advantage of a great synergy with Pioneer and I would have them at the top of my list.

TRENDING THREADS