Best film ever only £8.99 on Blu-Ray

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Highway:
You forgot the words "in your opinion".

Nevertheless, a good price.

"in MY opinion" actually, i think you'll find you mean. You were not being told it is the best film in your opinion.

has everyone got to have that phrase as their sig nowadays so as not to offend anyone's sensibilites...?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
With respect (another ridiculous PC term) "A Matter of Life and Death" is the best film ever.

I doubt it will ever appear on Blu-ray though. Not enough CGI and a low 'body count' and too English.

It is the only film I can think of that features a camera obscura though :)

A

Anonymous

chebby:With respect (another ridiculous PC term) "A Matter of Life and Death" is the best film ever. I doubt it will ever appear on Blu-ray though. Not enough CGI and a low 'body count' and too English. It is the only film I can think of that features a camera obscura though :)

Couldn't agree more. A Matter of Life and Death is my favourite film ever. It took ages to come out on DVD, but what a joy when it eventually did. I can't see there being too much of a rush to port to Blu-Ray though. Still, Black Narcissus, another Powell and Pressberger classic from 1946, has made it so there's always hope.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
chebby:

It is the only film I can think of that features a camera obscura though :)

I seem to recall there was also one in Ken Russell's The Music Lovers (the scene where Tchaikovsky, on his honeymoon, gets a bit uncomfortable when a couple groping on the grass comes into view). Quite a restrained film, by our Ken's standards!

emotion-5.gif

T

the record spot

EDITED for house rules violation - Mods

Best film ever is "The Straight Story".

EDITED for house rules violation - Mods

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts