Best cables for Cyrus

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

My system is all Cyrus - the 8 vs2 intergraded amp with an extra 8 Power together with the CD 8 se. My speakers are the B&W 805.

It is a fantastic system and speakers, but I would like to find out any suggestions with regards to speaker cables and inter connectors.I currently using Audioquest inter connectors and speaker cables. They are all entry level as I didn't want to spend too much on the wrong cables, and while the system is running in.

Any suggestions out there on the best fit of cables (both speaker and inter connect) for my Cyrus system and B&W speakers??

Thanks,

Corne 

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi Corne.

WHFSAV recommend using Cyrus's own interconnects and speaker cables for use with Cyrus kit. Not heard them myself, but if WHFSAV are saying to use them, it's certainly a good place to start.

A

Anonymous

I would stay away from the Cyrus I/Cs ... few seem to stick with them in the long run.

Many on the Cyrus unofficial forums recommend the Missing Link Alaqeia which is supposed offer unbeatable vfm at just £80 (not the cheapest but will probably outperform most cables under £200 and more). The Missing Link also loan cables so you can try for free before you make the plunge.

A

Anonymous

Grimaldi:I would stay away from the Cyrus I/Cs ... few seem to stick with them in the long run.

Many on the Cyrus unofficial forums recommend the Missing Link Alaqeia which is supposed offer unbeatable vfm at just £80 (not the cheapest but will probably outperform most cables under £200 and more). The Missing Link also loan cables so you can try for free before you make the plunge.

Happy with my Atlas, but now you have mentioned loan the 'upgrade eyes' have clicked into action and I've emailed them for a loan. ****** - here we go again.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Chris!

Yes, I'm aware of the Cyrus cables but it is not that easy to get here in Hong Kong. I do have them all on order, but just wanted to see what everyone else think.

Corneÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

I use the Cyrus I/C with my set-up, with good results. However, I haven't tried umpteen others in a similar price bracket (£90) to make a comparison. I was upgrading from a QED Qunex 1 and found the Cyrus I/C to enhance the soundstaging. Only slightly, mind.

For speaker cable I have always used Chord stuff, recently buying the Silver Screen. My local dealer advocated using 100% copper speaker wire over, say, silver-plated stuff, which can accent Cyrus' bright electronics apparently.

I'm no expert in this area, though, and have only used what is available to me to demo/purchase locally. Plus I believe everything I read/am told
emotion-5.gif

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
I use missing link cryo ref cables with my cyrus kit.These cables are not cheap but i much prefer them over my cyrus my chord chorus and chord anthem interconnects.Some cant hear any difference with cables so try some and trust your own ears.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts