Best Budget Surround System for Under £450

MRAlan

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,
heres hoping you can help. I have just got the LG SL900, only had it a day..but up to now fanstastic. Now having just got rid of by old trusty 36" Toshiba CRT with surround sound. I am despratley missing good sound.

Now..I can live with the smaller speakers, the ones usually come with home theater packeges but definatley not any bigger.

Can you suggets what set up would be good. I have a budget of £450.
Also just to add, I have no blueray player, and what I have read you can, have a blueray player that also acts as a amp? so this would be a good option too.

Also.. what is your thoughts on a soundbar?

Anyhow I would apprecaite your ideas/thoughts/and suggestions.

Alan

A

Anonymous

Either the all-in-one blu-ray home cinema system from Panasonic - SC-BT200 or Sony - BDV-E300 will fit the bill perfectly.

This is your best option as you will then have a blu-ray player, amp and speakers all in one nice package, the speakers being discreetly sized too.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

A

Anonymous

Agreed. High-definition picture and sound that will tick all of your boxes.

A

Anonymous

the home cinema systems already mentioned would be good , or you could try this , it has a built in subwoofer , google it , and theres some good reviews , you could pair it with a sony bds360, combined , they are slightly over budget , but the sony is excellent , and the yamaha soundbars are very good , you wont get real surround sound , but it will be way better than any tvs sound , and might suit if you dont want cables ....

A

Anonymous

Soundbar has no HD sound and surround sound - pointless. Even a budget separates system is more than your budget, so the blu-ray system recommended above is your best bet.

I will personally go for the Panasonic. No handshake, hdmi issues.

A

Anonymous

it doesnt have real surround sound , but i certainly wouldnt say that makes it pointless , and the sony blu-ray player can decode hd sound, and send it to the amp via hdmi ....

A

Anonymous

1. More than his budget

2. 'Virtual' surround is not proper 5.1 surround sound.

Why pay more and get less? That's why I say it is pointless.

Anyway, that is my opinion, not here to fight with anybody.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

MRAlan

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks again for your replys..

Thanks for the replys...

Looks like it will be either..

The panasonic SCBT200 or the sony BDV3061SFI Or..Sony BDV E300. Price on the panasonic is really good..I do like the tiny speakers on the Sony360.Will have to go to Richer Sounds and check out the sound.

Let you know whhich one I decide on.

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts