Best Budget Headphones

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am new here so sorry if I put this in the wrong place.

I am looking for a new pair of headphones under £40. Any suggestions? Any links would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sean

Also would it be worth me getting a cheap headphone amp?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. I would like to add more information. I would prefer over-ear headphones. Like a DJ style headphone.

idc

Hi Sean. My suggestions for over ear would be

Sennheiser HD201 - widely available from Amazon to to HMV to PC World. Closed backed, comfortable, good detail with a even frequency response that givbes an even weight from bass to treble.

Sennheiser HD202 - as above, but with more bass weight, which would suit dance, techno etc. Possibly the DJ choice.

AKG K44 - available at Amazon, Play.com and ebay. I have yet to see any in a shop. Closed back, leaking very little sound. Masses of detail and clarity and more bass than the HD201 and less than the HD202.

All three are available for less than £20. All three have a basic plastic construction, which makes them resilient to bumps and scrapes. All three can lead to sweaty ears due to their plastic/leatherette ear pads, but are light and comfortable to wear.

jimdonnelly

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
sean_cov:Thanks for the advice. I would like to add more information. I would prefer over-ear headphones. Like a DJ style headphone.

I have the Goldring DR50s. I like them and would recommend, Available for under £20 now here.

A

Anonymous

My vote goes for the Sennheiser HD201's, VERY comfortable, amazing sound, good balanced sound and very clear, whats more that are on play.com for £13 and free delivery, not the last word in Headphones or bass responce but you will struggle to get a better pair for that price, I was amazed when mine arrived and I listened to them for the 1st time, if you want more bass then the HD202's will probably be more suited.. I listen to alot of hard rock, Metallica and Megadeth etc and the bass on the HD201's is nice if not earth shattering, kick drums have a nice rythmic thud.. I love these Sennheiser and can wear them for hours without any pain.. movies also sound good thru them :)

seashell

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Hey, i've been using the Koss Porta Pros for few months now and can't fault them for the the money. General good all round and pretty comfortable to wear and comes with Koss lifetime guarantee for whenever they go wrong! Really happy with mean, personally i think they look frickin' sweet as well but guess that's personal preference!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koss-PortaPro-Quality-Sound-Stereophone/dp/B00001P4ZH/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275358977&sr=8-1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts