best bookshelf speakers for hard rock music

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased a Yamaha A-S500 amplifier and my music preferences are hard rock and heavy metal music and am interested in the B&W 685 bookshelf speakers.I need to find out if these speakers are suitable for the type of music i mentioned or is there other bookshelf speakers more suited to the rock music.

PS. i will be linking the amp and speakers to my computer to listen to music in my bedroom of approximatively 5 meters by 4 meters.

A

Anonymous

In my opinion Bookshelf speakers at the budget you have in mind are best for HM and rock music. They should have the following qualities. Fast responsive bass, excellent timing and great clarity. I think your proposed combo of the Yamaha and B & W is probably a good one. You will have to demo if possible to check that the treble woudn't become bothersome. I listen to a great deal of heavy music ......Porcupine Tree, NIN etc and Metalica and my speakers respond well to this type of music. I am sure other forum members will have some good suggestions for speakers with the above qualities. If you are running music off your computer make sure you have a good DAC ensure good sound quality.

I hope you get a system that keeps those horns flying.

D

A

Anonymous

With that power output and a slight tendency to brightness(according to WHF) I would vote for Dynaudio and the soft dome tweeters(or is that a band!!)

A

Anonymous

Thank guys for the info. The Q rang of KEF will be available in my country from the middle of December will the Q300's matched with my Yamaha A-S500 not be a good match as well?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts