Best bluetooth speaker for a waterbottle cage on a bicycle, can add a Velcro strap

User 1

Aug 12, 2020
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm wondering if there's anyone out there with an opinion on this. I am referring to a wire waterbottle cage, not necessarily a carbon one. This leaves a little reforming, if needed. I also wanted to include the option of a Velcro strap so it would be more secure, and quite frankly is a no-brainer. I currently am using a Ultimate Ears Boom 3.

I've done some homework. I found the following speakers that I think maybe the ticket.

Zamkol ZK202 30W
JBL Flip 4 30W
Tronsmart T6 Plus 40W
Tribit StormBox 24W
Zamkol ZK306 30W

Anyone have any they would like to add or enlighten us?

Much appreciated in any and all info you wish to share.

D

Deleted member 160668

I'm not familiar with most of those...

However, I know the JBL sounds great. I would hazard a guess that it would be a perfect fit for a water bottle holder. If you had a carbon bottle holder with split sides (I.e. a central gap) this could expand a little to accommodate a less than perfect fit.

Personally, for me I'd never do this as it would probably weigh more than my whole bike does!! I would suggest searching a couple of bike forums as you may have more luck.

D

Deleted member 160668

Also, whatever you buy, if you buy from Amazon or similar, you get a no quibble return. Buy it, if I doesn't fit send it back...

User 1

Aug 12, 2020
Visit site
Sorry bout the screw up here. I was replying AI ears, as follows;

I'm not familiar with most of those...

However, I know the JBL sounds great. I would hazard a guess that it would be a perfect fit for a water bottle holder. If you had a carbon bottle holder with split sides (I.e. a central gap) this could expand a little to accommodate a less than perfect fit.

Personally, for me I'd never do this as it would probably weigh more than my whole bike does!! I would suggest searching a couple of bike forums as you may have more luck.

Thanks for the reply AI ears,

I actually did post a thread in a bike forum pretty much on this subject. It was a little useful but not really that much. I was surprised that I never got a suggestion that said; I would suggest searching a couple of music or hi-fi forums.

JBL speakers are nice. I have a Flip 4 that I like alot and works pretty good. I hope that isn't the top of the line though.

Not sure how much you think a speaker like what I'm looking for weighs, but I seriously doubt I could find a speaker weighing more than 2 pounds. I would be interested in seeing your bike.

I guess I could have posted dimension limitations. I was under the assumption people have seen a water bottle on a bike.

Last edited:

Jimboo

Actually , this so much more of a serious answerable question than the usual totally opinionated my room, stands or floor, what is the best (insert components) for bass and which Cambridge component can I slip in to (insert ad infinitum set up).
Why in a bottle cage and not across the handlebars?

D

Deleted member 160668

Hahaha. Just googled the weight...Okay worded badly and not exactly what meant. To rephrase, I'd never put one on my bike as it would add serious weight to a very light bike (full carbon top spec highly modified Cannondale. She's called Kylie and a beauty 👍).

My point regarding size is valid, I think it would probably fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

User 1

Aug 12, 2020
Visit site
@amormusic, sorry bout the screw up above. Yeah the JBL speakers are really pretty nice. The Flip 4 I have, I like that there's 2 bass speakers and you do get some bass. They even have some that are a little bigger than what I'm looking for, but there's bike cages for holding them. So there is that option.

Regarding using the water bottle cage vs handlebar mount or rack. I want to find something that's rather small and easily removable. Plus there's a built in mount already. With a Velcro strap, it could easily be a speaker 2-3 lbs. That's not bad for working on a system with little sweat. Ear bud is not good cause I need to hear vehicles.

Many of my rides is solo or 2-3 riders. The size I'm looking for can entertain that amount easily.

User 1

Aug 12, 2020
Visit site
Also, whatever you buy, if you buy from Amazon or similar, you get a no quibble return. Buy it, if I doesn't fit send it back...
You know, that's not a bad way to go :love:

Good way to really test each one out and not spending much. I have a Prime membership too. The person that gets me to buy twice, with the first being sent back, is going to wonder whatsup.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts