BEST BLU RAY PLAYER??

LEEMCCANN

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Im looking to upgrade my blu ray player from a Sony 550 and am looking to spend around £500(ish)

I currently have a denon 2310 receiver and Monitor audio radius speakers (R270's, R225 and R90 rears and front height) with REL stampede sub and a Pioneer 5080 plasma.

Im looking to get the best possible sound and video performance and have a few models in mind: Sony 760, Pioneer LX52, Denon 2010 and Denon 2500.

The RRP of these machines is not an issue as ive seen all for around £400 or less, be it on ebay, new/display models or used etc. Im purely looking for the best performance. Im not interested in any special features just audio and video performance for blu ray. My main priority is bluray playback and sound but am interested in getting good cd playback, although i am considering a seperate cd player,

I have been to a few shops and get conflicting info, im very much swayed toward the Denon 2500 due to the orignal price, reviews and build quality but have been advised due to the age others may now have bettered it.

basically regardless of price which would suit my system the best and give the overall best performance in terms of watching blu rays?

thanks

A

Anonymous

Can you guys get the Oppo bdp-83se over there? It's the bomb in the States right now.

A

Anonymous

I would suggest a Sony '760; fantastic Blu-ray Disc Player. Not too shabby for CD play-back, although a dedicated CD Player at this sort of price would be superior for CD play-back.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

How about a Sony -BDP-S760 connected to a DacMagic/Caiman DAC for CD playback?

scene

Brian123:
How about a Sony -BDP-S760 connected to a DacMagic/Caiman DAC for CD playback?

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Sony BDP-S760, I've got one
emotion-1.gif
. It feeds my KRP-500A beautiful pictures. I've kept my old Arcam DV79 for DVD/CD playing duties, but was wondering about how the Sony feeding a DAC might sound compared...

Might have to ask the audience down the line...

A

Anonymous

The Oppo has a huge fan base and is highly revered over here, it's available from CRT for £509, maybe able to get it cheaper. If you want a player that can do everything then it's the 83, there's also the 83SE, I believe it with trounce anything from the main brands in terms of P&SQ but don't take my word for it have a google I'm sure you'll end up in the right place.

Oh forgot to mention, for an extra £80 you can get it region free BD.

md99

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
The obvious choice is the BDP-760. The only slight drawback is its slightly sluggish performance when forwarding and rewinding during BR playback. It certainly isn't as smooth or instant as my PS3 was.

Oh and the GUI and on screen text is rather blurry too. Anal I know but annoying after the lovely pin sharp crispness of (again) the PS3.

scene

md99:
The obvious choice is the BDP-760. The only slight drawback is its slightly sluggish performance when forwarding and rewinding during BR playback. It certainly isn't as smooth or instant as my PS3 was.

Oh and the GUI and on screen text is rather blurry too. Anal I know but annoying after the lovely pin sharp crispness of (again) the PS3.

What screen have you got and what cable are you connecting it with? I find text and GUI is pin-sharp on my Kuro via an thatcable HDMI.

Agreed there is a almost on the point of annoying by not quite lag between starting/ending rewind and forward...

md99

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
scene:
What screen have you got and what cable are you connecting it with? I find text and GUI is pin-sharp on my Kuro via an thatcable HDMI.

Agreed there is a almost on the point of annoying by not quite lag between starting/ending rewind and forward...

I'm using the van den Hul flat hdmi cable on a Bravia 40W4000. I also have a Sony hHXD870 dvd recorder and the text/GUI on that too is blurry.

The PS3 however is razor sharp.

TRENDING THREADS