Best Blu Ray Player under a grand?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does the Pioneer LX91 still stack up well (assuming I could get one used for this price)

Which are the leaders that really get the best out of the format? Has anyone compared a circa £1k player to a £100-200 model?>

What's the rest of your system?

In my experience, there's no appreciable difference in 1080p/24 video playback between budget & expensive blu-ray players. They can differ in audio decoding and DVD upscaling though.

In your budget, also look at Oppo 95.

D

Deleted member 2457

dom22 said:
Does the Pioneer LX91 still stack up well (assuming I could get one used for this price)

Which are the leaders that really get the best out of the format? Has anyone compared a circa £1k player to a £100-200 model?>

Yes, the Pioneer BDP-LX91 is still a fantastic Blu-ray player, it has not got 3D included though, if that is important to you then the Oppo, Marantz and Cambridge Audio 751BD are considered top Blu-ray players with 3D included. The Pioneer BDP-LX91 is definitely in my opinion better that a £100-£200 player and will definitely sound better.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
dom22 said:
Has anyone compared a circa £1k player to a £100-200 model?>

Depends what you've got it connected to - if a smallish tv and no surround system, then probably you won't appreciate any difference. If big tv, or projector, and good sound, then a big categorical "yes".

manicm

I did find a difference between the Sony BDP-360 and 370. And I suspect both can be bettered in the Blu-ray department in ultimate terms. The 370 is good for a budget deck, so would not discourage anyone getting it though.

A

Anonymous

I kind of like my Denon DVD-A1UDCI. It fills all my needs but it was definitely more than $1000. That was the only problem I had with it and it took me quite a while to decide to buy it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts