Best Blu Ray Player for KRP 600a

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have recently got myself a Pioneer KRP 600a (still waiting for it to be delivered).I am looking to get a blu ray player for it,but i am a little stuck, as to which one would be best for it.The four players that i have looked at in the reviews are the Sony BDP S760,Sony BDP S5000ES, Pioneer BDP-LX52 and the Pioneer BDP-LX91.Initially i looked at the BDP 760 and the BDP-LX52 but i am wondering if i should be getting the higher end players otherwise i might not be showing offf the screen to its full potential.If so which would best suit it.Picture quality playing blu ray material and DVD upscaling is the most importanat criteria for me.Any help that the What HiFi team or any one else could give me would be gratefully received.Cheers.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The obvious answer would be a Pioneer, if only for the ease of using one remote, I'll leave it to WHF to say whether you should go for the 91 over the 52, although budget will obviously play a BIG part in that decision!

You won't be disappointed with any of the players. I show off my KRP 500A on Panasonic BD60. Get a demo if possible.

I don't believe there'll be any difference in blu-ray performance between the players you've mentioned. As far as DVDs go......you've got one of the best upscalers already.....the KRP 600A!!Just set the output on your blu ray player to 576i, & the KRP 600A will upscale it automatically.

The PQ improvement, if any, will be only marginal. It's not that players twice as expensive
will have a twice better PQ.

The things to consider:

- Sony players are faster to load discs

- Sony S760 has built-in wi-fi.

- Pioneer players give you the advantage of Kuro link, so you can operate both TV & blu ray player with 1 remote.

A

Anonymous

I think the obvious answer is the LX91. It does seem to be coming down a tad in price. Having said that what amp you get may also influence the decision. I have seen an LX91 and it was probably was just me but I couldnt tell the difference between that and the LX71, which was less than a third of the price (screen was a £8k meridian projector, not the kuro tv).

Don't place too much emphasis on kuro link. I have mine turned off. Causes more problems than it solves.

A

Anonymous

what about the infamous oppo bd831 , or can they even be got ? the ability to skip the trailers and piracy warnings it has would be a big plus for me , all other things being equal ...

A

Anonymous

Was looking at the oppo until it got postponed,as well as a good upscaler i liked the idea that you could play divx media through the usb ports.

Have no av amp at the moment ,so my purchase would be based solely on picture quality produced with blu ray discs as well as dvd discs.Is the picture quality on the BDP LX91 noticeably better than that of th BDP LX52 as the price difference at the moment is about £1200

A

Anonymous

i wouldnt have a clue , many posters on here argue that the actual improvements in picture quality when stepping up from a midrange player to a top priced one isnt worth the outlay , the award winning sony bd760 would probably meet the needs of most id say ..

A

Anonymous

Hi bigboss

You mention setting br to 576i let tv do rest, i have 5090h which is not too far of 600/500a spec should i be doing this too, my br is only a lg370, and i feel br should be better than what i watch, tv very new so have not tweaked as yet

The setting to 576i is for DVDs. Blu-ray discs are already HD (1080), so you can't change the settings for blu-ray discs. For DVDs, yes you can upscale. I've got the KRP 500A, which is 5090's cousin. I let my KRP 500A upscale DVDs.

A

Anonymous

ray69:
Have recently got myself a Pioneer KRP 600a (still waiting for it to be delivered).I am looking to get a blu ray player for it,but i am a little stuck, as to which one would be best for it.The four players that i have looked at in the reviews are the Sony BDP S760,Sony BDP S5000ES, Pioneer BDP-LX52 and the Pioneer BDP-LX91.Initially i looked at the BDP 760 and the BDP-LX52 but i am wondering if i should be getting the higher end players otherwise i might not be showing offf the screen to its full potential.If so which would best suit it.Picture quality playing blu ray material and DVD upscaling is the most importanat criteria for me.Any help that the What HiFi team or any one else could give me would be gratefully received.Cheers.

That would be the Pioneer BDP-LX91.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

A

Anonymous

Simliar question I am asking as yourself - have you had any luck with a decision?

A

Anonymous

Hello there Vinny7,no luck with a decision as yet.Will have to try and demo them somewhere.I was hoping i might get some advice from the What HiFi team seeing as they might have the equipment in their grasp as so to speak.As two of the choices that i am looking at are Pioneer products ,i wondered if they would marry up better with the pioneer screen than say the Sony Blu Ray Players.

Hello there EvilWolf,i noticed in your setup that you have the Pioneer BDP LX91.What other players did you look at before picking the BDP LX91?

A

Anonymous

ray69:
Hello there Vinny7,no luck with a decision as yet.Will have to try and demo them somewhere.I was hoping i might get some advice from the What HiFi team seeing as they might have the equipment in their grasp as so to speak.As two of the choices that i am looking at are Pioneer products ,i wondered if they would marry up better with the pioneer screen than say the Sony Blu Ray Players.

Hello there EvilWolf,i noticed in your setup that you have the Pioneer BDP LX91.What other players did you look at before picking the BDP LX91?

The Sony BDP-S5000ES. The Sony is an excellent player for the money but I preferred the Pioneer. Aesthetically, it's a better match too.

That's me done for my home cinema system.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

TRENDING THREADS