Best audio out cable from DVD player to amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just downloaded the user manual for the Denon blu-ray DVD-3800BDCI player & decided that this will be the player I purchase for getting into the whole Hi def blu-ray movie scene. The player is not out yet but I like to know which is the best audio out cable to use, from the manual you can connect 7.1 or 5.1 , I'll be using the 5.1 so I presume I'll need 6 cables. I will not have to get a new amplifier because the Denon player decodes all the latest HD & DTS lossless sound internally. I'd like to get the best quality audio out connecters at the best price.

Can you recommend any cables

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
You will only need one cable - coaxial, regardless of how many speakers you plan to use. Also, if your receiver doesn't decode HD audio it won't matter that your bluray player can, your amp is what produces the noise and it won't play DTS HD, Dolby HD etc. You will need an AV receiver that can output HD audio.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]You will only need one cable - coaxial, regardless of how many speakers you plan to use. Also, if your receiver doesn't decode HD audio it won't matter that your bluray player can, your amp is what produces the noise and it won't play DTS HD, Dolby HD etc. You will need an AV receiver that can output HD audio.[/quote]

Actually that's not entirely correct :)

If the Denon does the decoding and *outputs over its multi-channel analogue outputs, you can simply plug it into the old amps multi-channel analogue inputs. No need for an "AV receiver that can output HD audio".

I suspect that it is this that the original poster is wanting to do. In which case you will need one cable per channel, plus one for the sub. So you will either get 5.1 or 7.1 cables depending on the number of speakers.

*I should add that it's worth checking that the Denon does output TrueHD etc., over its analogue outs. Other brands of players have not at launch and have had to have firmware updates to achieve this.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]I didn't realise you could get HD audio using analogue cables. The cost of those cables though? I would add them towards a new receiver![/quote]

You can indeed. I've no idea what the cost of a "good" set is, bet you can get them for about £60? Much cheaper than replacing a perfectly good amp.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that I look forward to hearing HD audio using my Denon player with my Pioneer VSA-AX10I-S.

A

Anonymous

hai..

So whish is the best? Using single coaxial cable or 5+1 multi channel interconnect?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts