Best audio format?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
For Blu-Ray, What is the best audio format the Sony BDP-S360 can send

And at the same time, what is the best Audio format Cambridge Audio Azur 540R can recieve/decode? (from BDP-S360)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Technically that would be either PCM (uncompressed), or DTS Master Audio (lossless) depending how you look at it. Although all these and Dolby True HD are far superior to the older DTS/Dolby Digital formats available on DVD.

nads

what a bad combo of boxes.

If i have this right the player does not have

7.1ch Analogue Output
NO

and the receiver does not have an HDMI input

so you will be using a digi coax or optical connection which will limit you to the base DTS/DD core data.

look at a player that has 7.1ch Analogue Outputs then you could use the better sound decoded by the player.

A

Anonymous

Marque84:
For Blu-Ray, What is the best audio format the Sony BDP-S360 can send

And at the same time, what is the best Audio format Cambridge Audio Azur 540R can recieve/decode? (from BDP-S360)

The Sony can decode all of the HD soundtracks on-board. Is your receiver Version 1, 2 or 3?

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

A

Anonymous

nads:
what a bad combo of boxes.

If i have this right the player does not have

7.1ch Analogue Output
NO

and the receiver does not have an HDMI input

so you will be using a digi coax or optical connection which will limit you to the base DTS/DD core data.

look at a player that has 7.1ch Analogue Outputs then you could use the better sound decoded by the player.

Why would I want to output in 7.1 Analogue when my reciever only has 6.1 Analogue input?

A

Anonymous

I have a PS3 slim and 540R V1. Best you can get through an optical or coaxial is standard DD or DTS. Optical and coaxial don't have the bandwidth to carry the DTS Master/ HD audio format (i believe). Upgrading to an amp which can strip the audio from HDMI is the way forward if you want the higher quality bitrates.

Although.... I have always wondered what sort of caliber of speakers/amp you need to warrant the HD audio formats.

Hope that helps a little.

TRENDING THREADS