Best and most portable DAC and headphone amp for Sennhesier HD650

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi eveybody, I'm currently working away from home quite a lot and i'm therefore looking for a decent headphone amp / DAC. Currently using an Arcam Rpac, but im pretty sure there will be something better. I'd like to be able to connect to my ipad rather than use a laptop. but im pretty sure all DACs/amps will be bus powered. Im using Sennhesier HD650's which i think the Rpac struggles with, although the sound is really good. Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Mike

CustomCable

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I would strongly suggest the Chord Hugo which I can vouch works exceptionally well with the HD650, other than that you can look at the A200p from Beyerdynamic. Both are portable but the Hugo is stunning!

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Wow I'd love the Hugo, seems very expensive for the price point of my headphones, but I'm sure it's the best.

I'll check out the Hegel.

Thanks

I'm not too sure how you propose to connect DAC to iPad but most USB DACs will require a little more power than the iPad will provide (or so I am led to believe) . Perhaps some form of DAC / Headphone amp that is battery powered might be more useful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts