Best amplifier for Dynaudio Audience 42?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone! I have recently bought a used Dynaudio Audience 42 and is wondering what is the best amplifier to match these speakers. All suggestions are very much welcomed and will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance[:D]

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Unless this is for a 2nd system of yours, I wonder why you would buy a Dynaudio Audience 42 when you have a B&W 685. I am very familiar with the Audience 42 and just find the bass slow and bloated, as if the manufacturers were trying to over force bass out of a tiny box. Anyway, they need as much watts as you can throw at it, as I found that even 100 watts was insufficient to exert grip over the bass.

A

Anonymous

Sorry I forgot to edit my signature. I'm building another system since my brother bought the one that I have (B&W 685 and the rest). Now I am starting again from scratch and wanted to try the Dyns. I hope I would like them just like my previous system, otherwise I won't be able to go to sleep regretting!
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Sorry I forgot to edit my signature. I'm building another system since my brother bought the one that I have (B&W 685 and the rest). Now I am starting again from scratch and wanted to try the Dyns. I hope I would like them just like my previous system, otherwise I won't be able to go to sleep regretting!
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Never heard them myself, but the 42 seems very well regarded. You probably need lots of current to power them. I would look into the new Creek Evolution 5350 if it's not outside your budget. Seems like it's got lots of juice and would probably do a good job.

A

Anonymous

Heard these with the ATC SIA2-150 and they sounded bloody superb. Tried them also with the older Primare A20 and the sound was never as good as with the ATC
emotion-9.gif

I guess I would infer that you want a clean, high-resolution amp that can drive low impedance well.

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much for your input guys. Now I have some ideas of what to look for based on your recommendations.
emotion-2.gif

jockey.wilson

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
Dynaudios generally need plenty of power/current due to their lowish impedance.

An Cyrus 8XP would be better than the 6XP and provide the grip/current needed. Cyrus and Dynaudio are a great match, as is Naim (Nait 5?).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts