Best amp under £250 new or secondhand

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

probably a second hand cambridge audio 640a v2 azur or marantz 6003 they are both rated very highly

A

Anonymous

well here would be my choice (after a quick look on ebay) ... this is a Pioneer SA-8800 ... newly listed on ebay ... £45 over the £250 budget, but will outperform any of the suggested amps ... Nad/arcam A400 etc (by far) ...

popjac11

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I really am spoilt for choice here! I love the look of the Pioneer SA series and would love to hear them with the other parts of the system. However, there are plenty of NAD amps to choose from on ebay, as championed by matthewpiano, I was wondering if the NAD 3020 model was any good? They are currently very attractively priced!

T

the record spot

NAD3020 - very nice amp, though if you're looking at that price, I'd add the Sansui AU-217 that's also going on a BIN for £49.99 plus £20 P&P. I've got both and rate them highly. The Sansui is particularly impressive.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
A Naim Nait 2 can usually be had for around this price - may not look too powerful on paper, but can handle awkward speaker better than many amps two or three times their price!

If I were after a basic second system, this would be my amp of choice, no hesitation. Bargain.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts