Best Amp for Klipsch Heresey IV

NHL99

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
Any suggestions for a *reasonably* priced integrated amp for the Klipsch Heresey IV, without any annoying deficiency ?

Some cool British word play about heresey would also be of interest :cool:

Last edited:
Any suggestions for a *reasonably* priced integrated amp for the Klipsch Heresey IV, without any annoying deficiency ?

Some cool British word play about heresey would also be of interest :cool:
You'd be a Heretic if you didn't use a valve amp.... :)
More information required I am afraid. What is reasonable?
what deficiencies are you referring to?
what do you need in the way of source connection?

Reactions: NHL99 and shadders

NHL99

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
A deficiency would be mains hum audible from the speaker at quiet passages, horn speakers amplify what might not be an issue for other speakers. 1500 Euro maximum, don't want to spend too much if it can be avoided. Will use a Raspberry Pi streamer.

Which is the least expensive valve amp which might be considered decent? Have seen several Far East low-cost valve alternatives. It's difficult to know where the boundary lies.
the issue with those is returning if things go wrong which of you are in Europe, it is best to buy locally.
Icon Audio do some of the best cheaper valve amps that I can recommend.

Reactions: NHL99

NHL99

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
So many to choose…….!
I will start with Musical Fidelity M3si…🙂
I've listened to MF at an Expo, was pleasantly surprised. Designed in England, built in Taiwan seems like a good combo. Not sure about the design team behind, they're not as PR exposed as some other brands.

Tinman1952

I've listened to MF at an Expo, was pleasantly surprised. Designed in England, built in Taiwan seems like a good combo. Not sure about the design team behind, they're not as PR exposed as some other brands.
When Anthony Michaelson the founder of Musical Fidelity retired he sold the company to his old friend Heinz Lichtenegger…..who just happens to own Project Audio Systems. Long term MF designer Simon Quarry also moved I believe to Project to ensure continuity of their excellent designs.

Exposure is half-width, less intrusive, always have good reviews. Is their sound signature suitable for horn loaded speakers?
their ability to drive any type of speakers is not in question, people don't design amplifiers to suit one particular type of speaker in general, not anymore at least. If there are issues then it tends to be the speakers design failings not the amplifier

Reactions: shadders

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts