Best 3D AV receiver for Monitor Audio Silver RX6 AV12

songox

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey, just wondering what 3D AV receiver would go with the above home theater speaker set up! There doesn't seem to be many 3D receivers out there yet so i looked up Denon AVR3311 looks nice and not too expensive! I wouldn't pay more than £1300. Would it have enough power to drive monitor audios and would it be good sonically? Any recommendations? Thanks!

A

Anonymous

I use the Onkyo 608 (£400) with my MA RS8 set up and i am extremely impressed!

leenorm1

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I have just bought the onkyo 808 and i am extremely impressed. The sound is not typical onkyo,it has fantastic balanced treble a nice solid attack that stays controlled without being overpowering and for the first time in onkyo history, a fantastic mid range. I am using mordaunt short aviano 8 front aviano 5 centre aviano 6 rears and a teufel thx sub.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Are you aware that you can use a Bluray payer like the Panasonic DMPBDT300 with a non compatible 3D receiver and still get 3D? This allows you a far wider choice of amplifiers. With the RX6 package, I'd be looking at the Yamaha DSPZ7 or the Pioneer SCLX72 or SCLX82.

If this is out of the question, just get the best you can.

A

Anonymous

I have the monitor audio RX6 set-up with the Denon 3310. I am still impressed by this combination. The answer will depend on the sound that you prefer. After doing side by side comparisons with Pioneer, Denon & Onkyo amps I preferred the sound combination of the Denon. Personal choice.

songox

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the answer tigerpin! My problem is that i live in Ireland and the nearest proper hi fi shop is about 200 miles away from me so getting to hear a few set ups in a day might be a problem!
emotion-9.gif
I love films the way i love my music and i enjoy it loud and punchy, would denon amp be able to do that? I also noticed that pioneer sc-lx73 is 3d ready. Anyone has this set up?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts