Belkin PureAV Home Theatre Power Console PF30

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Pittodriered

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Got my PF30 today. Ordered it from it247.com yesterday at about half 4 and received it at half 1 today.

First impressions very well built and looks great. Hooked up my amp, tv, sky+hd, blu-ray and PS3.

Can definitely see an improvement on SD broadcasts but nothing noticable, either better or worse on HD and blu-ray. Not sure if theres any differences in sound yet using the HC outlet for the amp.

Before this I was using a Clearer Audio Copperline Alpha 6 way powerhub.

Bit of a no brainer for £25.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Pittodriered:
Got my PF30 today. Ordered it from it247.com yesterday at about half 4 and received it at half 1 today.

First impressions very well built and looks great. Hooked up my amp, tv, sky+hd, blu-ray and PS3.

Can definitely see an improvement on SD broadcasts but nothing noticable, either better or worse on HD and blu-ray. Not sure if theres any differences in sound yet using the HC outlet for the amp.

Before this I was using a Clearer Audio Copperline Alpha 6 way powerhub.

Bit of a no brainer for £25.

Snap! Ordered mine from same place about same time.....they've already gone up in price since I ordered! Impossible to do a meaningful comparison without having same equipment side by side. It's certainly well made and for £20 it's an absolute no brainer.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
grdunn123:Thats difficult too unless you can have 2 sets of identical equpiment side by side.

Not really, I was able to test the PF30 against the Tacima using the same equipment - I certainly do not have 2 sets of everything!

Just make a visual and sonic observation with a wide variety of material - SD, HD, DVD, Music etc.....takes time, I know but at least I know which is better!

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have just ordered the PF30 (£28 including p&p).
In my AV I currently have 6 items plugged into a Tacima, as the Belkin takes 5 which of the following would you leave and plug as normal
TV
BD PLAYER
AMP
SUB
SKY HD
XBOX 360

Of them all the Xbox gets the leaset use (by some margin), do you agree that its the xbox that should get left off.

Also I've only ordered one by way of an experiment, but would my hi-fi benefit from one as well.
I have Roksan Kandy K2 CD, Musical Fidelity XA2 amp thru RS6.

scene

richardw42:I have just ordered the PF30 (£28 including p&p).
In my AV I currently have 6 items plugged into a Tacima, as the Belkin takes 5 which of the following would you leave and plug as normal
TV
BD PLAYER
AMP
SUB
SKY HD
XBOX 360

Of them all the Xbox gets the leaset use (by some margin), do you agree that its the xbox that should get left off.

Also I've only ordered one by way of an experiment, but would my hi-fi benefit from one as well.
The Sub, as you only have one high currency (HC) power outlet on you PF30 (or the PF40/50 for that matter), and the amp would benefit most IMO. That's what I've done with my PF50. I'm still assessing mine, review after weekend...

lazar1980

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
richardw42:I have just ordered the PF30 (£28 including p&p).
TV
BD PLAYER
AMP
SUB
SKY HD
XBOX 360

Buy two, just like me and few others
emotion-12.gif

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
richardw42:I have just ordered the PF30 (£28 including p&p). In my AV I currently have 6 items plugged into a Tacima, as the Belkin takes 5 which of the following would you leave and plug as normal TV BD PLAYER AMP SUB SKY HD XBOX 360 Of them all the Xbox gets the leaset use (by some margin), do you agree that its the xbox that should get left off.

You could just use a normal extension lead running from any of the PF30's sockets to give you extra connections, provided you don't overload it with several heavy consumers like your receiver or amplifiers - a couple of games consoles connected into an extension block and plugged into one of the PF's rear sockets won't present any problem. Essentially, the larger PF models have exactly that - two or more sockets wired together internally: The box of those models may be bigger, but the individual circuits in the PF40, 50 and 60 aren't any different to the PF30 in terms of filtering ability or load capacity, although those models do have an additional similar circuit or two (the PF30 has 3 separate filter circuits, the PF40 has 4, and so on) which gives them slightly higher overall loading capability - but not a great deal more (an extra 3 amps in total). The PF30 is fitted with a fast acting resettable 10-amp circuit breaker anyway, so there's nothing to worry about provided you don't really overload it.

What may also be of interest to you is that the mains circuit onto which the PF30 is plugged also becomes quieter (I tested it): Equipment plugged into a wall socket next to your PF30 also benefits from both noise reduction and spike protection (but not from any RF filtering), probably from the smoothing capacitors and MOV's which sit across the PF30's internal circuits. This could be useful to know for connecting your sub or receiver - especially if you find connecting either of them to the PF30's HC socket changes the sound in an undesirable way (the HC circuit thankfully avoids use of an RF choke, but is in-line with the initial ferrite, also used to minimise/eradicate RFI).

richardw42:Also I've only ordered one by way of an experiment, but would my hi-fi benefit from one as well. I have Roksan Kandy K2 CD, Musical Fidelity XA2 amp thru RS6.

If you have distortions on your mains, probably yes. But there's how many left... 20? There were 150 last week, so I wouldn't hang about!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts