Behiringer A800 user opinions

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
As a cheapish power amplifier this unit is easy to recommend as a consideration based on its previous A500 sibling being somewhat held in good esteem

Any users here, what do you think of this?
Thanks

Gray

As a cheapish power amplifier this unit is easy to recommend as a consideration based on its previous A500 sibling being somewhat held in good esteem

Thanks
There won't be any owners (amongst the regulars) here.
You've probably seen the reviews, preferring it to the 500.
Looks ideal for clubs, pubs and mobile discos.
That's more the intended market, but might be a good buy for hi-fi use - at a "why not try it and see?" sort of price - as low as £160?...with a 3 year guarantee to ease any reliability concerns.
If you like it, buy another, bridge them both and have one per channel (y)

insider9

Thanks
I've had A500 and it was good in some regard and awful in other. If you only consider it a power amp then it is a fine unit for little money. However volume pots are absolutely useless and add very audible distortion depending on their position. This has not been only on my unit and is a design flaw that's been well documented on other forums. Awful. But depending on use I would not hesitate to get it again.

Also bear in mind A500 was Class AB (if I remember correctly) and A800 is Class D. Behringer is usually great and cheap when it works and as long it works. Worth a punt like anything if you can get it second hand or brand new with returns.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks guys.

If I buy one it'll be only one, bridging amps and all that faff is definitely something I'd not be interested in. I'd prefer to buy one better unit than that. I'd say power isn't an issue somehow.

I ended up with an Emotiva pt-100 bassX preamp. It's currently going unused and I tried to sell it but there was no love, so I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive way to complete a system.

I'll be looking for cheap speakers next 😃

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts