admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

First time at getting a decent Hi-fi but thought I should start out right, I'd like a little separate hi-fi just so I can run my laptop through some decent speakers. I've got a small budget of 200-400 but I'd like to just know the basic of what to look for. I've heard matching and ohms before but not sure what they relate too.

Could really do with help on this, would be gratly appreciated

cheers

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll bump this as I'm feeling generous.

For what it's worth, and for so little money, I suggest you pop over to any branch of 'Richer Sounds'. They may well be able to put a decent system together for that money. Good place for a beginner to get advice too.

Morph

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Slightlygrim:First time at getting a decent Hi-fi but thought I should start out right, I'd like a little separate hi-fi just so I can run my laptop through some decent speakers. I've got a small budget of 200-400 but I'd like to just know the basic of what to look for. I've heard matching and ohms before but not sure what they relate too.

So for that budget you just need an amplifier and speakers? Or do you want the system to play CDs, have a radio tuner, etc.?

A

Anonymous

Hi guys

To your answer, yeah just an amp and speakers, I'd just like to know really what to look for in the ways of compatibility and power.

Thanks for the reply

matthewpiano

I would recommend a NAD C316BEE or Cambridge Audio Azur 350A amplifier with some good quality budget standmounts such as Mission MX1s, Tannoy Mercury V1s, or Wharfedale Diamond 10.1s. You'll get really good sound for the money with these.

Don't get too hung up on figures. At this end of the market you aren't really going to run into many problems - most speakers are easy to drive at the budget end.

A

Anonymous

Personally I'd go down the 2nd hand route via eBay and look for a NAD C320BEE integrated amplifier; some Monitor Audio BR2 or BX2 speakers and connect them with Chord Carnival Silverscreen

A

Anonymous

I agree with hifilover1979, i would also check out the older cambridge audio amps like the 640 azur, these can be had for under £200, i had one with some monitor audio speakers and it sounded superb.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Welcome also to the forum. Have you considered Active speakers? The Aktimate Mini or Audioengine A5 come within budget. Whilst these aren't separates hi-fi with an amp and speakers separately, they're worth considering if you want a compact solution for PC (and both offer excellent sound)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts