Beginner system?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
The discussion here has been intriguing and incredibly useful so I would like to thank everyone for their responses!

I have gone ahead (after the multiple recommendations) and managed to haggle a pair of opals for 1100 with the intention that this was a very good bargain going off the retail price and the overwhelming reviews for these speakers and if they are not quite right I can sell them on at no loss.

On top of this I have booked in some time with a local dealer to hear a few alternatives but at this price I'm hoping the opals live up to the hype!

My attention is now turning to a streaming solution and speaker stands!

Thanks all again!

rainsoothe

Christopher Pearce said:
I have gone ahead (after the multiple recommendations) and managed to haggle a pair of opals for 1100 with the intention that this was a very good bargain going off the retail price and the overwhelming reviews for these speakers and if they are not quite right I can sell them on at no loss.

On top of this I have booked in some time with a local dealer to hear a few alternatives but at this price I'm hoping the opals live up to the hype!

Good thinking, Batman! :)

Check Cambridge Audio CXN for streaming, since it can also act as a preamp I think, so you can control volume via it's remote.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts