Been demoing all of the new OLED TVs

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Pretty interesting bunch this year. I have to say from what I've seen I am impressed with the LG and the Sony.

The Sony I have seen as cheap as £2850 at Power Direct with code OLED10PD. Now gone up a bit again. And you can only price match this in store at Richer Sounds now. Crampton and Moore price match too on cheap prices, as does Reliant Direct. The 65 inch model I have seen at £4050 too.

I quite like the Sony have seen it in 55 inches and 65 inches and it does look amazing! The blacks on Passengers on 4K HDR Blu-ray look better than on my OLED 65e6v too. Saw tennis on it yesterday too at Wimbledon on freeview in John Lewis and that looked great. It was on vivid mode though so I put it on standard and got a much better looking more realistic picture.

The LG's I have been tempted by but no upgrade for me for years now. The B and the E models look good. I saw the e model next to the Sony and you couldn't tell the difference. All are very similar.

Saw the Panasonic 55ez952 OLED in Currys at the Weekend and was not impressed by the demos on hand. They only had 4 video clips on demo, and they were all pretty rubbish. I thought the design looked a bit cheap although the back of it looked nice again like the first generation. I tried some HDR pictures out but wasn't impressed too. Like the first generation the HDR picture was too dark. Have to demo some more though perhaps in Costco.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If you're going to buy, watch your timing. Prices seem to be all over the place for stuff like that, and when I say all over the place, I mean not falling as fast as you'd expect and with strange inconsistencies. Some blame brexit (the thing that hasn't even happened yet) some blame the rip off Britain culture. Either way I'm not sure it's the same buyers market for luxury items as it once was, not unless you're buying used or ex dem.

D

Deleted member 2457

MajorFubar said:
If you're going to buy, watch your timing. Prices seem to be all over the place for stuff like that, and when I say all over the place, I mean not falling as fast as you'd expect and with strange inconsistencies. Some blame brexit (the thing that hasn't even happened yet) some blame the rip off Britain culture. Either way I'm not sure it's the same buyers market for luxury items as it once was, not unless you're buying used or ex dem.
Yep, have to buy them at the end of each year, that's where I went wrong on the Panasonic OLED and LG OLED, still haven't replaced that money. If you do it sensibly you could upgrade and sell each year for around £600 more each year with say a 55-inch model buying the end of each year. Because prices are getting. Cheaper on OLEDs now this year a 55b6v is £1499. That's the sort of price you should pay and then sell for £900 a year later and upgrade for the newer model at say £1500 or cheaper depending on the deal you find.

No upgrades for me though. When my brakes I will get a cheap as poss a new 55-inch model at the end of the year.
regular_smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Our John Lewis have now got the Panasonic OLED in 55-inch and 65-inch. My demos were better than Currys but there was still lack of demo material. The TVs looked nice this time and I like the design and stand. But the demos I feel aren't doing the TVs justice at the moment, so still not decided on the Panasonic OLEDs, they need to demo in 4K HDR Blu-ray so you can see the advantages or disadvantages of it.

TRENDING THREADS