Beefy floor standers for the marantz m-cr603... Am I mad?

womble72

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ive the opportunity to buy some Castle Conways for a bargain. If I hook them up to my little marantz, will i die? Will the world self destruct? Seriously, will they be completely wasted on the 603 and should I not waste my cash and maybe invest in something else?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Amplifier requirements, 25-175w, sensitivity 91dB. I know that doesn't tell the whole story, but it could be OK. Probably won't be getting the best out of the speakers, but could sound good and give you the opportunity to upgrade the amp/source in future if you were interested.

Also, depending on just how cheap you pick them up maybe that would allow you to sell them on for little or no loss if they don't work out.

Not familiar with the speakers at all, so maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

A

Anonymous

The CR603 will run the Castles with ease; theyre a very easy drive indeed so have no fears

I've had mine run speakers from B&W CM5's to Monitor Audio RX6's to Neat Motive 2's and now running Monitor Audio RX2s!

I've even heard it with KEF R300's and they're a tougher drive than the Castles and it still controlled them VERY well indeed :)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Only if return with a full refund is an option.

Regardless of whether the M-CR603 will drive them to your desired levels, you still might not actually like them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts