News Be a part of What Hi-Fi?'s Ultimate Audiophile Playlist

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jeffers

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
Jon Hopkins, Open Eye Signal. It tests your speakers like the drill sergeant in Full Metal Jacket. If the presentation is right, the bass, pace and soundstage should - in the nicest possible way - take the back of your head off.

JKnez

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
The first track that comes to mind for me is: Sweet Soul by Peter Erskine (album title track). Great chill feel, with subtlety that highlights system detail and base management.

Reactions: kenosha

BluetonedBoy

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
INDISCIPLINE by KING CRIMSON

The dynamic of Fripp & Belew (ultimate precision & ultimate chaos respectively) with Levin’s Stick & Bruford’s powerhouse take the application of quiet/loud to the extreme.

johnsiep

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
The song that should be included here is, "weasel and the white boys cool" from Rickie Lee Jones.
It's a great song and It's got everything to test your hifi system. It has a great bass line to test your speakers, the balance is superb and the treble and the mids are in sink with the rest of the music. So everything you need to make a honest assessment regarding the line up of your audio equipment.

Jettgod

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi All, My choice is:-

Max Richter Mrs Dalloway/War Anthem Three Worlds: Music From Woolf Works

Such an achingly beautiful track, sweeping soundscapes and very very moving.

Track down the video to see the dance and understand the expression of Love and Loss.

The brilliance of Max Richter clearly demonstrated.

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
Contact by Daft Punk on the album Random Access Memories. I was expecting this one to be on here but I couldn't find it in the Spotify playlist. I chose this track because it's excellently mastered. It has a great dynamic range for those dramatic listening moments. I only listen to it on some good pairs of headphones. There are parts of the song where lots of sounds come together and everybody knows that that's where good equipment can make the difference. The track takes me to another place.

Bartfigas

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
Bass Astral x Igo
Planets

This polish young duet is making great music which should be known word wide. Song is about searching answers about space and live.. high quality music and vocals, this is what you need for your hifi set.

sparky

Nov 18, 2019
Visit site
keith don't go by Nils Lofgren on his acoustic live album.
The sound of that unaccompanied acoustic guitar sends shivers down my spine - especially on vinyl (if you can find it)

bandy

Nov 23, 2019
Visit site
'Out of the Darkness' by Little Steven and The Disciples of Soul from the 1984 album 'Voices of America'. The production on this will just blow you away. BTW in his other guise, Little Steven is part of the legendary E Street Band led by one Bruce Springsteen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts