BBC (radio) iPlayer via Airfoil - possible??

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Have a laptop > Airfoil > Airport Express > DAC setup. Is it, therefore, possible to stream online BBC radio via Airfoil to the Airport Express/DAC? If so, what/which settings do I need? Ta [:)]

A

Anonymous

If the content is delivered through the Web browser, just get Airfoil to hijack that. Etc.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Nick21:Hi Rob how's that review coming along?

emotion-18.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Nick21:Hi Rob how's that review coming along?

emotion-18.gif

It would be up by now if I hadn't lost my compact flash card reader containing the photos. I've sold the amps already so I can't do any side-by-side comparisons now. I've done a fair few but they were a few days ago now.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
igglebert:If the content is delivered through the Web browser, just get Airfoil to hijack that. Etc.
Sorry to be dull and revert to OT...

But how do I "get Airfoil to hijack" the web browser?
emotion-7.gif

Ta
emotion-1.gif

John Duncan

Easy - airfoil has a drop down asking you what app's audio you want to stream - select whichever browser you're using, and if necessary airfoil will restate that browser to grab it's audio. Sorted...

A

Anonymous

On the little Airfoil app there should be a bar at the bottom showing the currently playing app, e.g. Spotify. Click on this bar and it should allow selection of any currently running apps.

5353124006_3ea8f95ebf.jpg

It may require the restart of the app in question but this will be automatic and most browsers will persist their sessions for you.

A

Anonymous

6th.replicant:igglebert:If the content is delivered through the Web browser, just get Airfoil to hijack that. Etc.
Sorry to be dull and revert to OT...

But how do I "get Airfoil to hijack" the web browser?
emotion-7.gif

Ta
emotion-1.gif

open airfoil, there's a tab at the bottom, it probably currently reads "spotify". click it and select your web browser from the dropdown list. if it isn't there, select "other applications" and add it....

A

Anonymous

Good 'innit. Well Rogue Amoeba, right place right time with Airfoil!

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Clicking on the bottom icon of Airfoil will bring up all the possible software options to stream. At the bottom there is "System Audio".

You have to download a plug-in (free) to use it but once you do, anything your computer can play is streamed

Just tested, and yes, iPlayer streaming just nicely!

John Duncan

DavieCee:Clicking on the bottom icon of Airfoil will bring up all the possible software options to stream. At the bottom there is "System Audio"

Though note that that will give you 'badoing' noises through your stereo when mail arrives! Better to use the individual applications (Browser, Spotify, other media player etc) wherever possible...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts