BBB deal for you - LG OLED ea980w £1400 at Currys Milton Keynes!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

To be honest, I try not to buy anything from Currys, ever, and certainly something of high value, with an uncertain lifespan, is a definite no no without a 5 year warranty.

Thanks anyway.

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
To be honest, I try not to buy anything from Currys, ever, and certainly something of high value, with an uncertain lifespan, is a definite no no without a 5 year warranty.

Thanks anyway.
Has a five year warranty and I have checked it out it's perfect. Ex-display though but still seriously good. No one wants it?

D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon said:
Hum.. er, no thanks. Why so low..? from £8000 to £1400?
Ex-display but not sure why no one wants it. It's a flipping hot deal! I have checked it out the picture is gorgeous!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

gel said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Thanks anyway.

Has a five year warranty and I have checked it out it's perfect. Ex-display though but still seriously good. No one wants it?

Is it the Currys near the train station, or the one in the centre?

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Thanks anyway.

The one near the station.

D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon said:
gel said:
Native_bon said:
Hum.. er, no thanks. Why so low..? from £8000 to £1400?
Ex-display but not sure why no one wants it. It's a flipping hot deal! I have checked it out the picture is gorgeous!
There is always a reason why no one wants it.
People too interested in 4K?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

gel said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Thanks anyway.

Just been down there. It does look good, and I do like the design of it, but it's very hard to tell with the same 3 minute clip on endless repeat. And that's the source of my problem; it's been on 7 days a week, 12 hours a day for over a year, and although (as you said) there is a 5 year warranty, I'm not quite sure how good a Currys 5 year warranty is, and how many exceptions will be written in the small print.

An informed buyer won't touch it for the reasons I've outlined above, and your average Currys customer won't buy it because they probably think an OLED is the same as an LED, and it's not 4K.

I genuinely think it'll have to come down to a grand before they can shift it.

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Thanks anyway.

Just been down there. It does look good, and I do like the design of it, but it's very hard to tell with the same 3 minute clip on endless repeat. And that's the source of my problem; it's been on 7 days a week, 12 hours a day for over a year, and although (as you said) there is a 5 year warranty, I'm not quite sure how good a Currys 5 year warranty is, and how many exceptions will be written in the small print.

An informed buyer won't touch it for the reasons I've outlined above, and your average Currys customer won't buy it because they probably think an OLED is the same as an LED, and it's not 4K.

I genuinely think it'll have to come down to a grand before they can shift it.
Ah nice one. I think it might drop still too. Amazing picture though, and great sound!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts