Battlefield 3 Beta How Are People Finding It?

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
After downloading the BF3 Beta i just keep picking up the controller playing for 10 min and turning the game off. I want to like BF3 so much but i just can't can't get on with it.

How are you guys getting on with it ?

bearwolfblade

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i khow what you mean but expect bugs and glitches in any beta testing heres a few of the known issues apart from game lag * Fixed occasional client crash when reviving. * Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead. * Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed. * Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage. * Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art. * A subtle low health screen effect has been added. * Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars. * Tweaked the Rank progression. * Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice. * Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times. * Framerate stability fixes. * The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets. * Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition. * Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active. * Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates. * Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams". and the most important *enemy players not taking any damage is a major flaw

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
It seems brilliant on the pc anyway .... the downside is that having saw the trailers for the game most folk want to try out the planes and tanks yet the map they give us to play is an infantry push map. Don't get me wrong I like playing infantry in BF but I was looking forward to having a shot at the flying. :doh:

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Well a word of warning , don't ever jump into a plane with iGetThePoint, You Will Die
smile.png

Though i will have to admit the game is growing on me now i'm learning whats what.

There is still one major floor when you take cover and still die from a shot , the slight delay i find annoying at times

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Well a word of warning , don't ever jump into a plane with iGetThePoint, You Will Die
smile.png

Though i will have to admit the game is growing on me now i'm learning whats what.

There is still one major floor when you take cover and still die from a shot , the slight delay i find annoying at times

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
smile.png

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
smile.png

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
That 'death shot' after you have lay down I think is just something that is happening because it's the BETA but I'm pretty sure it will be fine for the full game when it comes out :)

I got around to flying the heli and jet but I sucked, big time.... :rofl: .. needs work.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
landzw said:

Not played any of the BF series, but this is a permanent feature of Black Ops. Very annoying |(

You can be sure you've made it to cover but that bendy bullet still finds you

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
It may just be your own 'ping' that causes this to seem that way ... you never know ... like lag.

I still play a lot of BF1942 which athough never patched very well to begin with it can have some amazing happenings due to ping/connection/s bandwidth /cpu and graphics card capabilities ... very funny/weird at times. You KNOW that you have just run around that edge of the building and think that you are safe... when 'ping' you're dead... you question as to how the guy can shoot through the building ? but find out that on his own screen you were not fully around and hidden contrary to what you thought at the time.....lol.

Hopefully this will be patched properly in BF 3 and all will be well with it as it looks pretty awsome so far.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Have tried to get into the beta, but keep returning to Battlefield Bad Company 2, especially- Vietnam. Beta seems more of the same with more lag and a few bells and whistles. Not a big fan of the Metro map but haven't played a battlefield game with a bad selection of maps so will definetly get.

Always preferred the variations in combat, team play and vehicles in BF. Just hoping millions don't swap from COD and turn the servers to sludge.

Looking forward to new Batman and Zelda on wii too.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Well i have now cancelled my order and plan to try out other games which i wouldn't of normally given myself time to play like dead island and the new space marine and possibly catchup with BF3 a little later

Does anyone remember RavenShield ? as i think BF3 feels RavenShield than BF

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Lee H said:
I think in Black Ops it's just a poorly coded port from xBox to PS3. The lag can be shocking.

Whilst I agree the port probably isnt the best, it has no relation to LAG which is caused by the selected hosts connection not being up to scratch.
Personally I believe they should use dedicated servers. They must make a shed oad of cash from the COD series, certainly enough to power dedicated servers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts