Bare wire speaker termination - not a complete contact

stanleyk

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I have just changed from QED silver bi wire to a copper run and jumpers. However, the hole in the termination at the speaker end is not quite big enough for both sets of cable, I have managed to get enough of some of the jumper cable in but not fully, how much of an impact will this have on sound? Should I look at getting some terminations on this end as soon as possible? I have had a look and am not sure I can fit bananas, what are thoughts on spade ends for this purpose?

Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

stanleyk:
I have just changed from QED silver bi wire to a copper run and jumpers. However, the hole in the termination at the speaker end is not quite big enough for both sets of cable, I have managed to get enough of some of the jumper cable in but not fully, how much of an impact will this have on sound? Should I look at getting some terminations on this end as soon as possible? I have had a look and am not sure I can fit bananas, what are thoughts on spade ends for this purpose?

Thanks in advance

What matters is the overall resistance of the cable, so missing out a few strands from the terminal won't affect the way the speakers sound.

stanleyk

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Currently Celestion F10, looking at gettting a richer/warmer sound, hence the move from silver to copper, hoping to upgrade in fututre, probably to BR2, but need the cash first.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, the brochure shows banana plugs going into the terminals, so I guess it's possible. Don't have a pair of speakers to hand to check.

I think in that case bananas on the main cables, with spades to bananas or spades to spades on the jumpers, is the way to go.

stanleyk

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for looking, any tips on getting the plugs out of the bak of the termination? I had a quick go last night and ended up with a broken off end of plug, leaving the bung in the post.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts