Band of Brothers

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Just finished watching Band of Brothers on blu ray, and just thought I'd share a couple of thoughts -

1. I wish it hadn't taken me so long to get round to watching it - absolutely fantastic

2. What an advert for surround sound!! I felt like I was right in the middle of the fighting with bullets flying round my head and bombs exploding all around me. If anyone can think of a better surround sound soundtrack, I'd like to hear it!

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Totally agree with you, it's absolutely fantastic. I think it's one of the best TV series ever made and am very much looking forward to Pacific this spring.

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Didn't know about that. Thanks for the heads up. But I see it's going to be on Sky Movies first, so guess I'll be waiting again, but definitely not for 9 years this time!!

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
rob_981:
Just finished watching Band of Brothers on blu ray, and just thought I'd share a couple of thoughts -

1. I wish it hadn't taken me so long to get round to watching it - absolutely fantastic

2. What an advert for surround sound!! I felt like I was right in the middle of the fighting with bullets flying round my head and bombs exploding all around me. If anyone can think of a better surround sound soundtrack, I'd like to hear it!

emotion-21.gif

One of the many highlights for me is when they are flying into France and all the anti aircraft guns are blazing away with planes being shot down left right and center, you get a real sense of how scary that must of been in WW2
emotion-8.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
To me, its still THE surround sound disc to have (Even including dvd)

Ive just been re-watching them on bluray ~ truly AWESOME series

Im really looking forward to the follow up

jc1972

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
Yes, it's one of THE best, the region1 dvd dts was good, But the blu ray dts master is superb, same can be said for / Master and commander, Gladiator.

BRING ON PRIVATE RYAN !! Could be the ultimate!

TRENDING THREADS