Baby proof speakers

Aslan

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone suggest any small bookshelf speakers with strong plastic or metal covers which preferably cannot be removed?

My 2 year old has bashed in my KEF LS50’s drivers with her Fisher Price hammer. They still work and sound ok. I was planning on keeping them till my daughter is more reasonable but I just found out I have another baby on the way.

I will be driving the speakers with a Naim Unitiqute 2.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

jjbomber

Aslan said:
Can anyone suggest any small bookshelf speakers with strong plastic or metal covers which preferably cannot be removed?

I will be driving the speakers with a Naim Unitiqute 2.

Leema Acoustics Xen on a (very) high bookshelf! Keep them out of range.

Congratulations on your next baby.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
what's so baby proof about these leema?

look at genelec home speakers

https://www.genelec.com/home-speakers

they all have metal mesh protected midbass and tweeter

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
It's gonna be difficult to find anything with great sound and good metal grilles for both tweeter and woofer. Generally there is a plenty of choice for speakers with tweeter metal guard as they are the most sensitive to expose to damage. To cover both with strong grills it will be difficult. Canton (german made) is producing very good loudspeakers with metal grilles all over. I can fully recommend them. I think ERGO series only. I would rather look to sound quality first and then the protection. Unless you find both in one. Some french loudspeakers as well as Monitor Audio, B&W also offer tweeter metal guard. But always think about sound first. Mentioned Cantons will be the best compromise between sound and protection. But one generally looks for sound at first instance !

https://www.canton.de/de/hifi/ergo-serie/ergo-620

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Was in the same situation last year. I went with sonus faber. Chameleon B and Principia 1 and 3 are great speakers. The good thing is they have special designed speaker stands and you can actually screw the speakers on the top plate. No way they can reach them or knock them over. *good*

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You start by making sure £800 worth of speakers are out of reach of a toddler, rather than buying another pair of other speakers which you hope will survive repeated full-frontal assaults. Unless £800 is pin money to you. I managed it with twins.

mond

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
davidf said:
Amphion speakers - metal grilles on both HF and LF.

https://www.thelittleaudio.company/amphion-argon-hifi-loudspeakers

This isa great suggestion, this is what I would be looking at ....

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Asian doesn't need metal grilles for driver protection. It's so he can wire them up to the mains. Works every time.

Cant remember who said it, but when they get older tell them your tweeters are special buttons to stop santa coming at christmas.

Aslan

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all your helpful suggestions. The easiest thing to do as some have suggested is to put my speakers high up on a shelf, but it's not going to work in my tiny apartment in Hong Kong.

The Amphion Argons look very intersting. I'm not familiar with the brand and had to look them up. They got a good review by another hifi magazine. The mesh metal grilles covering both the driver and tweeter should do the job. And they look really nice. Thanks davidf! I will definitely check these speakers out.

TRENDING THREADS