B & W speakers

Jagace

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi I have an Onkyo Tx-Nr808 reciever and B&W 683 fronts and a htm61 centre and a wharfedale sw250 sub with wharfedale diamond 9.1 as surround backs and rear backs and as space is limited was woundering would the B&W M1's work as the 4 backs or would the be to small? Thanks.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
80hz is the THX standard so you are good there. You speakers crossover should be set to teh smallest speaker in your setup. Its a case of checking the manual or calling the manufacturer.

For example my setup can be set to 60Hz because the PV1 will handle the other ranges and my DS3's are best geared for that frequency too. But thats my setup everyone is different.

Use your ears and judge what is best :)

rigors

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Jagace said:
Hi I have an Onkyo Tx-Nr808 reciever and B&W 683 fronts and a htm61 centre and a wharfedale sw250 sub with wharfedale diamond 9.1 as surround backs and rear backs and as space is limited was woundering would the B&W M1's work as the 4 backs or would the be to small? Thanks.

the tweeter on the M1's should totally match the tweeters on the 600 series...

if space is limited though it would be worth considering ceiling speakers. B&W make some that would match really well with the 600 series stuff you have. and they're not very expensive. although the installation won't be super cheap.

Jagace

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your replies i quite like the m1's and i have tried putting the fronts down to 60htz and didn't think it sounded any better so i put them back at 80htz. By the way would 685's sound much better as surrounds as i am thinking i might just jam them in?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
As the surrounds do the least amount of work in a surround system, you may find the extra outlay & hassle isn't worth it over the M1s. Of course, you may find it is worth the expense & hassle. Try getting a demo. If I were you (as a more than happy M1 owner myself) I'd stick with your M1s for the surround channels.

A

Anonymous

Hiya,

I use M-1's for surround back use and am really happy with them. I'm sure they'd also work well in surround L/R positions too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts