B&W sold to American venture capitalist

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Should you buy B&W products now or wait?

You should buy them this week, cancel before they're delivered, order some more, get them and return them, order another one, sell it on ebay, buy something else, etc., etc..

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
Why? What's the problem? B&W will continue to thrive.
Just wondering.
regular_smile.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
800 Series was only launched late last year, with CM and 600 only a year or so before those. I doubt they'd be wanting to retool for replacement ranges for all three right now, especially the investment and development that has gone into 800 Series. Nothing will change for now, but I'm guessing additional products may start appearing in a couple of years, maybe a year, knowing the size of B&W's workforce and ability to get new products to market quicker than some.

D

Deleted member 2457

David@FrankHarvey said:
gel said:
800 Series was only launched late last year, with CM and 600 only a year or so before those. I doubt they'd be wanting to retool for replacement ranges for all three right now, especially the investment and development that has gone into 800 Series. Nothing will change for now, but I'm guessing additional products may start appearing in a couple of years, maybe a year, knowing the size of B&W's workforce and ability to get new products to market quicker than some.
Cheers David, I didnt know whether the quality of the future products might start going down, and fear they might start changing the range too. My B&W FPM Series have been fantastic and so has my dad's B&W XT speakers.

manicm

gel said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
gel said:
Cheers David, I didnt know whether the quality of the future products might start going down, and fear they might start changing the range too. My B&W FPM Series have been fantastic and so has my dad's B&W XT speakers.

Things like finishing are unpredictable, and it's not always because of new owners - IMO the 685 s2 is not as well finished as the original 685. Sound quality may well be better with the newer model though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts