B&W PX7 sound compared to P7 (wired)

YuvYuv

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
My B&W P7 (wired version) just died, and I'm thinking about changing to the PX7.
I was wondering how is the PX7 sound quality compared to the P7 (wired) version. Beacuse time has passed so maybe technology has improved, but it's also possible that since this is a Bluetooth headphone + ANC sound might be worse.
(I'm also considering the MX3 or MX4)

Welcome to the forum,
Whilst I might have upgraded from my current P7 I found the inability to run the PX7's in a wired configuration stopped all that.
I think What HiFi printed says it all :-
"The PX7s retain their predecessor’s character, but the gains they make in terms of clarity and detail are clear. "
So I don't think the ANC side of things is detrimental. It really depends whether you actually need this function and are prepared to pay the increase in cost.

Hopefully you will get further response from members that actually own them.

YuvYuv

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum,
Whilst I might have upgraded from my current P7 I found the inability to run the PX7's in a wired configuration stopped all that.
I think What HiFi printed says it all :-
"The PX7s retain their predecessor’s character, but the gains they make in terms of clarity and detail are clear. "
So I don't think the ANC side of things is detrimental. It really depends whether you actually need this function and are prepared to pay the increase in cost.

Hopefully you will get further response from members that actually own them.

Sorry but I'm really not following.
Are you saying the quality is better or worse? (they gain clarity and detail?) I think they meant the PX by "predecessors" and not the P7...

Why did the inability to run the PX7 wired stopped you from upgrading?

As far as I am aware B&W had no ANC headphones before this series so the PX7 predecessors where the P7's
Some reviews state the PX7's treble can be 'edgy' but again only one persons impressions
Basically, I would not be able to use them travelling to work without being able to remove the battery.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
As far as I am aware B&W had no ANC headphones before this series so the PX7 predecessors where the P7's
Some reviews state the PX7's treble can be 'edgy' but again only one persons impressions
Basically, I would not be able to use them travelling to work without being able to remove the battery.
I read that b&w will replace battery for owners if sent in. Apparently it can last for 500 cycles, and then drops to 80% life.

TRENDING THREADS