B&W PV1 vs Monitor Audio AW-12

gosalh

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I've got a demo booked to test the B&W MT-30 and MA Apex system. In terms of the subwoofers, does anyone have a view on which one is better i.e. PV1 or AW12? I was thinking possibly substituting the AW-12 for the PV1 if it's an overall winner?

Thanks

michael hoy

bigboss:Personally, I preferred the AW-12 which was a definite step up in performance over the PV1 for me, so I got the AW-12. Demo both with your system choice & decide which one you prefer.

I agree with bigboss, I auditioned both the systems you are looking at and purchased the Apex along with the AW-12.

gosalh:
Hi Guys,

I've got a demo booked to test the B&W MT-30 and MA Apex system. In terms of the subwoofers, does anyone have a view on which one is better i.e. PV1 or AW12? I was thinking possibly substituting the AW-12 for the PV1 if it's an overall winner?

Thanks

Hi gosalh

The Apex 10's/40's with the AW-12 are sheer class.
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Although they are identical on paper, Monitor Audio claims:

In order to extend the performance of its lifestyle speaker systems,
Monitor Audio has created a wholly new sub-bass engine for the AW-12,
designed to contribute a seismic blend of deep bass frequencies and high
output with low distortion. Every component has been developed
specifically for the AW-12
, including the massively engineered
front-firing 12" C-CAM driver and 500 watt Class D amplifier.

Also, the AW12 has a die cast alloy cabinet, as compared the the RXW12 which has an MDF cabinet.

Audion both of them, & if you can't notice any performance improvement, save yourself 100 quid by going for the RXW12
emotion-21.gif

I had originally ordered the RSW12, but a few days later, my dealer informed me of the new AW12 which had just been launched. I compared both of them & found the AW12 to be superior.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts