B&W P5 Series 2 On-ear Stereo Headphone review

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought the P5 Series 2 at the Apple Store - it was one of the safest buys I've made, since the B&W quality and decent sound are always a safe bet, even at the premium price. It might not actually sound as good as the original P5 (don't know), but I haven't had the original for more than a year now, so I can't compare them directly. I can say that this P5 looks and feels great, fits well, is secure on my head, is comfortable, sounds OK, and I'm not disappointed.

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4211

D

Deleted member 2457

Sounds ok? You gave them five stars on Amazon.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
BigMartin said:
Do you reckon they're worth the money when compared to some other big brands like Beyerdynamic which might cost similar?

I don't know of any Beyers that are similar, outside of the excellent DTX501p, which is 3x cheaper than the P5. The P5 is warm and quite good with pop music, while Beyer's T51p and DT1350 (same prices as P5) are very strange (I have reviews) and would not sound good outside of a very narrow range of music.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
gel said:

I've been using the P5 every day since that review, and despite any small sonic flaws, I think it's a good value for the price, and a very enjoyable headphone for a wide variety of music. One thing I would caution about: Be very careful with the thin cord. I've broken 2 of those cords.

D

Deleted member 2457

dalethorn said:
gel said:

I've been using the P5 every day since that review, and despite any small sonic flaws, I think it's a good value for the price, and a very enjoyable headphone for a wide variety of music. One thing I would caution about: Be very careful with the thin cord. I've broken 2 of those cords.
Ok cheers.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
AnnaReviewer said:
Thk for review. (",

Thank you. One thing I think that gets under-emphasized is aesthetics, which is very important for something you're going to wear on your head. The P5 excels in that area, which gives it more value-points in my book.

TRENDING THREADS