B & W MT60D Distances

ClassAct

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
It is noted in the PV1D setup manual and on the Bowers and Wilkins website PV1D page that once you have measured speaker distances to your listening position, you are to make compensations due to room delay. I have made the necessary adjustments according to the guide which states the correct distances using the subwoofer in combination with the M1 2011 speakers.

However in my opinion I'm currently sat on the fence as to whether it sounds more coherent and integrated. The soundstage now seems to sound noticeably more "front heavy" and not as easily balanced. The PV1D is at the front of between centre and right speakers (in a 5.1 setup) with about 2.5ft clearance from the right wall. The bass seems more integrated yet now muted.

If anybody else has experiences to share using this sort of system with the advice in the setup guide or with using this on any multichannel system in general it would be greatly appreciated if you could share your thoughts. :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
In this page is a link to a really useful free DVD.

On this disc there is a section for time alingning your sub to your main speakers and it works great.

You listen to a tick from the speakers and a boom from the sub and adjust the sub distance until they are perfectly in time

Boom your sub is in time perfectly with your main speakers - works wonders even to auto setups which get close but rarely perfect.

Remember to use the av receiver etc in Stereo Mode otherwise you will time align the sub to the centre speaker (done that by mistake before)

Best of luck

ClassAct

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Bigboss, my avr is the Yamaha Rxa-1030.

Ellisdj, I cannot specifically see the link in the avs forum thread. Also, is this available free of charge in the UK as that is where I'm based?

I'm assuming that you have run YPAO calibration. If not, do it first.

If you're still not happy, try this calibration disc.

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-aix/

Email Oppo regarding international delivery and they will reply with a link for a form to download, fill and email back.

Check this:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/av-receivers/calibration-disc

ClassAct

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have run YPAO (multi point) and set the PEQ to flat. It got the speakers distances nearly right I only had make a few small adjustments. I was quite satisfied with the sound I was getting from it after I got the measurements bob on. However I have the demon to tweak and when I had a flick through the PV1D setup guide and noticed the compensation adjustments for room delay, I couldn't help myself.

To be more specific there is a subtraction of 24 inches for the speakers and addition of 12 inches for the subwoofer.

Thanks Bigboss I'll take a look at the Oppo disc, I've heard and read it is a really decent calibration disc.

TRENDING THREADS