B&W mt-30 successor?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all,

I've just been on the phone with my local hifi-dealer. I asked him some questions about B&W mt-30 speaker package, cause I was interested in auditioning them. He told me that the B&W speakers m1 based sets are no longer in stock here and are maybe going to be replaced by an other model. So in short, there are some leftovers still, but there won't be any new ones coming in.

Is there anyone who knows if there is going to be a successor to the M1 speakers? :?

A

Anonymous

Yes it is coming soon. B&W confirmed it to me as well as to other people on this forums through email. Also various dealers are confirming it. The PV1 subwoofer is going to be replaced as well.

A

Anonymous

Has there been mentioned when this will take place? And will the replacement be a satellite/sub kind of system?

D

Deleted member 2457

KuDo said:
Has there been mentioned when this will take place? And will the replacement be a satellite/sub kind of system?

Hi

Yes there will be a new replacement for the M1 speaker, and the new ones will be more expensive and better. They will also be available in matte black. The PV1 is also being replaced by a new one and on the new one there will be some new controls, which you will be able to control it with you iPhone should you wish to.

Edit, not sure with the M1 speakers with regards to there stock whether it is the stands or the speakers themselves - you will have to check that. With regards to the current M1 speaker B&W have exhausted all their silver and white ones, so black still available I believe. Of course, some shops still might have the other finishes in stock at present.

A

Anonymous

gel said:
KuDo said:

Hi

Yes there will be a new replacement for the M1 speaker, and the new ones will be more expensive and better. They will also be available in matte black. The PV1 is also being replaced by a new one and on the new one there will be some new controls, which you will be able to control it with you iPhone should you wish to.

Edit, not sure with the M1 speakers with regards to there stock whether it is the stands or the speakers themselves - you will have to check that. With regards to the current M1 speaker B&W have exhausted all their silver and white ones, so black still available I believe. Of course, some shops still might have the other finishes in stock at present.

gel where did you get the information regarding the price and the colour? Also do you know if it's just going to be just one speaker like the current range or more? Have you seen them? Any info on a release date?

D

Deleted member 2457

pppp1 said:
gel said:
KuDo said:

Hi

gel where did you get the information regarding the price and the colour? Also do you know if it's just going to be just one speaker like the current range or more? Have you seen them? Any info on a release date?

Well, my post above was a bit of a mess. :)

Hi

I got the information from my local home cinema shop, I think they said within the next couple of months and they only mentioned one speaker - like the current range. Nope, I've not seen them, just got a description - they sound pretty good.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info everyone, it's been greatly appreciated.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

Forgot to say I definitely got the impression the new ones will be bigger as well. And this is definitely a reliable source with the info.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I hope they are not too big. I wouldn't have room for significantly bigger speakers :(

Did they say how big they are going to be?

D

Deleted member 2457

pppp1 said:
I hope they are not too big. I wouldn't have room for significantly bigger speakers :(

Did they say how big they are going to be?

Hi

I got the impression from his hand movements possibly twice the size and more solid than the current range. I got this info yesterday btw.

A

Anonymous

Interesting. I think they are trying to come with something better than the MA Apex. I wonder about the price. I hope there will be an announcement at CEDIA and IFA.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
KuDo said:

The PV1 is also being replaced by a new one and on the new one there will be some new controls, which you will be able to control it with you iPhone should you wish to.

Uh oh...... Sounds like pandering convergence if ever I heard it. Whatever happened to just sounding great?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If Gel's info is correct, this new system doesn't sound like a replacement for the MT25/MT30, but more like an addition to the range. If it is gonna be bigger and more expensive, why don't they keep the existing more affordable ranges running alongside the new package? (much as M.A have with the Radius & Apex packages).

And if it's not Mini anymore, is it just gonna be labelled 'T'?:)

D

Deleted member 2457

Big Chris said:
gel said:
KuDo said:

The PV1 is also being replaced by a new one and on the new one there will be some new controls, which you will be able to control it with you iPhone should you wish to.

Uh oh...... Sounds like pandering convergence if ever I heard it. Whatever happened to just sounding great?

I know. :) I'm not too impressed with that feature either.

D

Deleted member 2457

Big Chris said:
If Gel's info is correct, this new system doesn't sound like a replacement for the MT25/MT30, but more like an addition to the range. If it is gonna be bigger and more expensive, why don't they keep the existing more affordable ranges running alongside the new package? (much as M.A have with the Radius & Apex packages).

And if it's not Mini anymore, is it just gonna be labelled 'T'?:)

Looks like B&W have exhausted all their stock, so unless they make some more, that is it with that range. B&W XT speakers are now discountinued as well - they include the PV1, I wonder what might happen to mine the FPM series, perhaps the new PV1 might get paired with it.

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I've just had a reply from B&W who says:

"The replacement Mini Theatres will be of similar guise and dimensions with improved performance, expected availability is around mid/late Autumn".

So it sounds like November time, optimistically?

Rgds

A

Anonymous

Amadeus1756 said:
I've just had a reply from B&W who says: "The replacement Mini Theatres will be of similar guise and dimensions with improved performance, expected availability is around mid/late Autumn". So it sounds like November time, optimistically? Rgds

Mid autumn would be October and late November, correct? I wonder when we get pictures and specifications

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Well technically Summer ends late sept, so I was thinking 2 months on from that - trying to hold back my enthusiasm... :)

Yes, it'll be interesting to see what they're like, the size etc. I'll be pretty disappointed if they're not pretty similar to the current MT30 in terms of physical size.

A

Anonymous

After recently ordering a set of the CM9's I have been told that the new M-1's speakers will have the mesh grill extend to cover the top/bottom or left/right (depending which way you have them) and the speakers will cost around the £150 which is not far from the current M-1's prices. The new and improved PV1 sub will also have a digital display on the top and costing around £1200 mark.

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if they are going to show anything at the IFA in Berlin?

A

Anonymous

I sent an email to B&W today asking about them and they said it's very early days yet, most probably late autumn - early winter and nothing is for certain :cry:

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Amadeus1756 said:
That's a shame. Does seem odd to stop selling the product considerably before the replacement is ready.

Not really, else they'd end up with stockpiles of old stuff nobody wants because the new stuff's out, then have to flog it off cheap.

Of course, we've yet to see if the new stuff will be held in such high regard.:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts