B&W MT-20 or KEF 3005 for Denon 3808

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

First post here, congratulations for the great magazine.

Living in Greece, I unfortunately missed the Jan '08 issue with the speaker style supertest.... So, here's my question: I am planning on purchasing a Denon 3808 receiver and I'm considering matching it with the B&W MT-20 speaker set, mainly due to availability (it's what the shop here in Crete carries). However, I've been reading great things about the KEF 3005 set, and I'm wondering how the B&W compares. Is the extra outlay worth it? Does the receiver make that much of a difference, is one or the other better suited to the Denon? How about the Onkyo 875 (my second choice)?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
M.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply!

Any other opinions? Can anyone tell me how the MT-20 fared in comparison to the KEF-3005 in the January supertest?

Cheers,

M.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The 3005SE won the test. What let the B&W down was the subwoofer is not in the same league as the PV1 which is in the MT-30. However, this does add about £600 on to the price tag! The sub that goes with the MT20 (remember the sats are exactly the same for each) is perfectly adequate for most people.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="mtsag"]
Thanks for the reply!

Any other opinions? Can anyone tell me how the MT-20 fared in comparison to the KEF-3005 in the January supertest?

Cheers,

M.

[/quote]

M

Could you mail me, please?

Andrew

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
M

Could you mail me, please?

Andrew