B&W DM 601 - any idea when I can get metal jumper plates for them?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Probably, but you can just as easily use short offcuts of cable between the terminals, and indeed many will tell you the speakers will sound better with cable jumpers in place of the metal plates.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yup; as Andrew said. Just use offcuts of the same speaker cable youre using ans use them.

Much better than the standard plates that B&W will have provided

A

Anonymous

Yes! I use some old QED speaker cable offcuts, and they surely work better than the original B&W metal jumpers.

A

Anonymous

They improved clarity and dynamics to my ears. I think you should use offcuts of the same speaker cable though. I kept the QED offcuts just because they made my sytem sound slightly better.

gwynne61

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
If you don't want to use cable, email B&W and ask if they can help. One of my 601 speaker lugs broke and they sent replacements free of charge, their customer service was outstanding.

A

Anonymous

Cheers everyone. I'll email B&W and see what they have to say.

Ben

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
B&W also supplied some FOC to me a couple of years ago. I would use offcuts of the same speaker cable you have as per the picture someone's posted above.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Tarquinh:In what way?

In the same way that all cables have individual properties Tarquinh. I am currently using 6mm copper cable, unbranded on my kitchen speakers, which sounds nowhere near as good as the QED Silver Anniversary XT I use in my living room - tried the kitchen speakers in the living room first. If I wasn't planning to move house I would upgrade now to better cable.

A

Anonymous

B&W are sending me some for free! What lovely people.

Cheers for the replies,

Ben

A

Anonymous

I had the same excellent service from B&W a while ago, their customer relations dept are brilliant and deserve a mention............

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts