B&W CM1

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I saw a pair of these in the shop today and thought they looked stunning (even my wife would love to have these in the lounge
emotion-5.gif
)- a can't seem to find any reviews on them but I know whfsv gave them 4 stars - just wanted to know more about them really. Which issue were they reviewed in?

Cheers

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Nice little speakers with good bass, presence and warmth to voices and instruments. Nice tweeter too. I'd say this is the starting point of B&W's suitable for music. More detail than 6 series but limited dynamics/impact so better for small/medium sized rooms. They dont sound nice with rotel but do with cyrus and reasonable with Arcam's Solo to give you some idea.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
Nice little speakers with good bass, presence and warmth to voices and instruments. Nice tweeter too. I'd say this is the starting point of B&W's suitable for music. More detail than 6 series but limited dynamics/impact so better for small/medium sized rooms. They dont sound nice with rotel but do with cyrus and reasonable with Arcam's Solo to give you some idea.

[/quote]Agreed, keep them off the Rotel, I think they sound quite nice with NAD if you're not looking to blow the budget. Also heard on Creek Evo, sounded good.

A

Anonymous

you are right these are very nice looking speakers. i posted on here a week ago looking for advice on speakers for my arcam solo. i saw these for the 1st time yesterday and have decided to buy them tommorow. i had a demo yesterday and they sounded ok to me. though to be honest i am probably not the best person to give advice...

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="bob60"]

you are right these are very nice looking speakers. i posted on here a week ago looking for advice on speakers for my arcam solo. i saw these for the 1st time yesterday and have decided to buy them tommorow. i had a demo yesterday and they sounded ok to me. though to be honest i am probably not the best person to give advice...

[/quote]

Excellent - let us know how you get on with them!
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I have a pair of CM1s, set up with a Naim Supernait, and they are stunning, friends of mine are surprised and say that they can't understand how you get so much music out of such a small box,

Even the wife loves them cos they are a sexy looking little beast..........

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
12 months ago HFC gave them a Best Buy in a group test with the ALR Jordan Entry L (£500 floorstander) and said of them:
Very much in the B&W tradition, the presence zone errs on the side of restraint, giving a rather laid back character to voices and speech in particular. But the clean, sweet and well-judged top end assists intelligibility and provides ample fine detail...
Stereo images are spacious and precise, and cabinet coloration [American spelling?] is low - helped no doubt by the fact that [unnecessary word] there's not a lot of cabinet here to create coloration. Boxiness is also well controlled here, and the sound this little speaker creates has surprising weight and solidity for its size.
Luxury real wood miniature delivers a very well judged, slightly laid back tonal balance with surprising weight and a notably sweet top end. Best used clear of walls, but bass tuning has some flexibility.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site

[/quote]

If you're ever down Kent way, feel free to pop in for a demo of my 602 S3s. Lack of detail wouldn't be one of the terms I'd use. :) OK, are they perfect? No. But what 300 quid speaker is?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Big Chris"] If you're ever down Kent way, feel free to pop in for a demo of my 602 S3s. Lack of detail wouldn't be one of the terms I'd use. :) OK, are they perfect? No. But what 300 quid speaker is[/quote]

Indeed and its just my opinion. If you enjoy them then that is really all that matters Big Chris.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Big Chris"] If you're ever down Kent way, feel free to pop in for a demo of my 602 S3s. Lack of detail wouldn't be one of the terms I'd use. :) OK, are they perfect? No. But what 300 quid speaker is[/quote]

Indeed and its just my opinion. If you enjoy them then that is really all that matters Big Chris.
[/quote]

;-)..........Now if I could just find the funds to pick up a pair of 801Ds..........

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="bob60"]

[/quote]

bob60, have you bought them? How are they sounding?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts