B&W ASW610 Subwoofer problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello. I bought the a B&W 685 theater with Denon 1909 four days ago and it worked perfectly until yesterday. I noticed that my subwoofer is always standby (red light instead of green). I tried the auto calibration but Denon cannot detect the subwoofer. Any ideas? Cables seem to be properly connected. I turned off and back on the sub and the Denon but no luck. I set the subwoofer's switch to ON (has on/auto/standby). Nothing happens whether its ON or AUTO, i still get the red light = OFF. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like a problem.

i used to have my PV1 set to 'auto', but it was occasionally a bit tardy kicking in, so now I leave it 'On'. When it's on, you should be getting a green light (If my PV1 is anything to go by), looks like a phonecall to the dealer may be in order.

try it with no cables connected. See if it's still the same.

A

Anonymous

Hi. Not really a response being so late, but I thought that I would reply just to link in ti your post so that others who search for this issue will not spend hours testing every possible coimbination of potential error.

I just had the same problem, Feb 09, in NZ. Though at home I got the red standby light, but when I tried the sub in the store, I could not get any power, and we tested the fuse(was ok). Hence B&W just replaced the ASW610 sub. I understand from the staff at the store that a whole batch may have this fault. Apparently another unit had the same issue. Wish I could test that my replacement sub actually works... but they omitted the power cord! Frustrating!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts