b&w 702 s2 floor standing vs b&w 702 s2 signature floor standing

D

Deleted member 116933

hello guys,

any difference and improvement with the sound quality of the signature?

My guess would be not much to be honest, you need to listen to though see. Price hikes do not garunrtee sound improvements you might like aspects of the older design which have now been “improved”.

D

Deleted member 116933

Agreed, if that's possible. The reworking of the crossover could make a big difference however, wait around and there could be some bargain S2's coming on the market.

Certainly could, and they're certainly will be I'm sure, especially within the second-hand market but as they stand at RRP no its not worth it. I've seen it all before and its a way of making quick buck Revel are doing it mission did it, kef has done it and just recently with the kef meta but that's not an 1100quid difference.
Crossover tweaking is a hard pill to swallow especially at 1100 quid. That's putting them up against some seriously good speakers in thisis price bracket.

Op should have listen by all means as i said a few posts back

Certainly could, and they're certainly will be I'm sure, especially within the second-hand market but as they stand at RRP no its not worth it. I've seen it all before and its a way of making quick buck Revel are doing it mission did it, kef has done it and just recently with the kef meta but that's not an 1100quid difference.
Crossover tweaking is a hard pill to swallow especially at 1100 quid. That's putting them up against some seriously good speakers in thisis price bracket.

Op should have listen by all means as i said a few posts back
I would agree that in many cases it is the manufacturer tweaking purely to play on the purchasers need to simply have the latest and greatest.....
I encountered the same while trying to sell my Tom Evans amplification. Had one chap insist I was asking too much because the power amp was now available in Mark 3 guise. Well, I have heard it and it's pretty much indistinguishable from my original......
Tried explaining that if you simply must have a Linear A power amp then, whatever the Mark, you're still going to have to pay over double what I am asking for mine because they are extremely rare in the second hand market.
Some people are too easily parted of their money. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts