B&W 685 vs 601 S3.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
How much do they really differ, does anyone know?

I had a brief listen to the 685 in the store (along with the 686's which didn't impress) and the 685 sounded really, really nice. As for reviews go, I've read nothing but raving reviews about them.

Thing is, I'm a student, and I'm on a thigh budget. On the internet I found a nice deal one the 601 S3's, a NIB pair. The difference in cost is about 250-300 euros for two speakers.

Are the 685 really that much better, or are they just a slight evolution of the 601 S3's? Anyone care to share their thoughts and impressions, much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

the 685's are far better than the 601 s3's.The s3's had a slightly thin bright treble.The 685's dont. The transparency of the 685s is far better too.Why did you not like the 686's? i have heard both and they sound v similar to 685's but have less weight.

A

Anonymous

i dont know them really well but i have heard the 601 series and didnt particularly like them as they were a bit ott in the treble, and i like monitor audio speakers so thats saying something. The b and w 686's were superb. They are a lot more comparable to The mon audio RS1's than the 685's were.They were no brighter than the RS1's but they did seem to have a little more bite in the treble.the 686's were superb but that was using a roksan kandy.

A

Anonymous

Hey go for the 601s! I just tested the 601 and 685 today. The 601 is as good as the 685 and they are made in england. Save the money and get good interconnects. Im going to purchase the 601 tomorrow. Can't wait to hook them up

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts