B&W 685 S2 a worthy upgrade over dali zensor 3?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
i've had my speakers for 4 years now, and i would like to upgrade but only if the difference is big enough. i've always liked the look of the 685's and i have seen countless 5* reviews. are they worth selling my speakers for? i'd have to get the matching centre too of course. or are there other speakers which are worthy for similar price?

floorstanding speakers are another option. but i have upfiring atmos speakers, so they have to accomadate those. but i always hear bookshelves are generally better for music.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think its worth going for the change to the B&W's, to better your current (5 star) spks I think you would have to spend double or even triple the money, my choice would be to try a set of floorstanders like the zensor 5's.

Oh by the way I dont know where you heard "bookshelves" are better for music than floorstanders, granted there has been some classic stand-mounts over the years but nearly all the most expensive speakers in the world are floorstanders.

*music2*

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
macdiddy said:
I don't think its worth going for the change to the B&W's, to better your current (5 star) spks I think you would have to spend double or even triple the money, my choice would be to try a set of floorstanders like the zensor 5's.

Oh by the way I dont know where you heard "bookshelves" are better for music than floorstanders, granted there has been some classic stand-mounts over the years but nearly all the most expensive speakers in the world are floorstanders.

*music2*
are there any you can recommend?

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Floor Stander's will give you much more scale in a 5.1 setup but I prefer stand mount Speaker's for music.to be honest I think the b&w will be better in your setup.im not a B&w fan but they seem to have talent in a surround sound setup.they will give you better dispersion and bass than the zensor's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts