B&w 684 or 683 good for rock and pop? Now KEF REference 2.3?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

if i was buying speakers in around the £1000 mark id defo go 2nd hand , so much value to be had ....

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Now at home after what listening i'm in doubt. Isn't the rx 6 the better speraker? Yes; the rx8 has more bass, that's what i like. But it seems that the balance of the rx6 is better. I'm going on with listening.

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Next week i can hear the Spendor with Naim xs. But i'm looking; this will be a pricey system!

Maybe than the cheaper Monitor Audio rx 6 with Marantz 8003 amp and 6003 cdp (i have no sacd, also why the 8003 sacd player?).

I agree that NAD sounds very good; better than the Marantz with the rx6. But the quality is so bad
emotion-9.gif

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi Peterpan,

The quality bad? I have the NAD 355 and no problems at all. And I think you will upgrade in 2,3 years to spendor/naim maybe. I think you should just buy the cheaper MA/NAD and enjoy the music. Otherwise you spend lots of money on spendor/naim but maybe you don't like it.

Just my opinion

Good luck !

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Reference 3.2's will walk all over the RX6's, but they need much better amplification than the MA's do. You'd have to be looking at integrated amplifiers of at least £2k, but ideally pre/powers to get from them what they're capable of. With the right amplification they'll reward you heavily, but this route won't be cheap.

It's better to have a lesser speaker driven properly than a better speaker not driven properly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts