Awards

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 188516

You're selling your wants short, I believe you'd rather see a recording of the entire review-session-in-progress, no editing, as many hours as it actually took.

yes that would be even better !

Reactions: Wil

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
WHF over the years have consistently reviewed a narrow range of products, which make their annual awards a bit of a nonsense.
In past years (00's) they seemed to review Roksans and Arcams every month whereas Rotels and high end Marantz's were ignored. They destroyed Rotel in the UK by ignoring their products in my opinion.
In more recent years they've given prominence to Naim, Rega and Cambridge Audio but these were thin on the ground in the past too.

WHF over the years have consistently reviewed a narrow range of products, which make their annual awards a bit of a nonsense.
In past years (00's) they seemed to review Roksans and Arcams every month whereas Rotels and high end Marantz's were ignored. They destroyed Rotel in the UK by ignoring their products in my opinion.
In more recent years they've given prominence to Naim, Rega and Cambridge Audio but these were thin on the ground in the past too.
Whilst you may have a point the idea of one magazine destroying a manufacturer is laughable, in my opinion.
Rotel products have always been well reviewed by Hifi Choice so I don't see your point in this regards.

D

Deleted member 116933

In the good old days, Andy Clough RIP used to post reviews on YouTube. Maybe they need to go back to that system, with adverts to generate money of course.

Why not every bloke in there basements are doing it. If the WHF are to keep going it needs to evolve. Many of these guys 100k plus followers.

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site
fluteboy is one of my favourites :-
He has a charming description for his channel:
Ray AKA Fluteboy is a stay at home carer, looking after his disabled partner. Aged 47 he enjoys listening to a wide variety of music. As the pseudonym suggests, he also happens to play the flute. When not listening to or playing music, he can be found making videos about audio and audio-related subjects, complete with docile British accent and occasional stutter.

Of cabling, before I answer you on my Thread, let's note that What Hi-Fi? uses Chord Company products https://www.whathifi.com/au/news/about-us

I recently bought an entry-level AudioQuest speaker cable to try, realising I don't yet need go higher up than X2. More about why later.

Incidentally, filming of presentations for releasing is worth considering e.g.:

Last edited:

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site
A couple of vids to mention here. Firstly, 5th Nov:

Secondly, I don't own any Rotel products.
WHF… destroyed Rotel in the UK by ignoring their products in my opinion.
Hmm, in other words, you were complimenting WHF holding mighty sway… if it had featured Rotel more…

The other vid, this morning I saw:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts