Award winning Sony DVD Recorder !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, i'm very interested in the Sony RDR-HXD970 at the mo, the cheapest I could find one was at Superfi for a penny under £300. Having said that, I also managed to stumble upon the 500gb 1070 at HiFi Confidential for £379.99 ( does'nt mention multiregion, which isn't really a big problem for me ). Call me stupid but am I guaranteed the same performance from the 500gb 1070 as the 250gb 970 ? Does it just have a bigger HD and thats that ?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We haven't tested the 1070, but based on our experience of other HDD-based recorders i'd expect it to be the same except for the hard-disk size. That's a great price, and would allow you to make full use of the Sony's exceptional (but space-eating) HQ+ recording mode .

A

Anonymous

I too have been looking at these Sony products. When comparing the 970 and the 870 all the features were the same bar the size of the hard drive. As mentioned it is a great price.

One thing that bothers me at the moment and Clare maybe able to explain, why are these products still being produced with an analogue and digital tuner when the analogue signal is being switched off? Surely the way forward is twin digital tuners?

A

Anonymous

Wow ! Clare from the magazine, cool !!! Thought the price was good, in fact I ordered one about 3 hours ago, cant wait to get my hands on it. I'll be sure to let you know if I encounter any problems with the machine, no doubt I will. I happened to read on another website that a couple of people were complaining about the transfer of media files via the usb port on the sony was really slow, do you know of this by any chance ?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="new2this"]

I too have been looking at these Sony products. When comparing the 970 and the 870 all the features were the same bar the size of the hard drive. As mentioned it is a great price.

One thing that bothers me at the moment and Clare maybe able to explain, why are these products still being produced with an analogue and digital tuner when the analogue signal is being switched off? Surely the way forward is twin digital tuners?

[/quote]

I think cost is a factor here - digital tuners are pricier to produce. But yes, all-digital has got to be the way forward...

A

Anonymous

I bought one last month to replace a defective twin tuner recorder. As the reviews say picture quality is outstanding, the only down points are the lack of an additional tuner (have to switch back to the TV tuner when recording) and no one touch recording. They could have learned a thing or two off the Sky menu programing!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts