Aviano 1 or Diamond 10.1 for Yamaha receiver?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear Whathifi.com,

In your review of the Mordaunt-Short Aviano 1, you mentioned that these speakers should be matched carefully by avoiding clinical-sounding electronincs. I own the Yamaha RX-V663 receiver (which is the same model as the Yamaha DSP-AX763) and was wondering how it would match with the Aviano 1 speakers.

Would these match well or should I go for different speakers like the Wharfedale Diamond 10.1s? How do these compare to the Aviano 1s? By reading your reviews, I can't really make out if these are bright or warm speakers....

I thank you in advance for your support.

Yours faithfully,

ATHFan

A

Anonymous

Also, Could you recommend which speaker cables would fit best in this setup?

I thank you in advance.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
You will have no worries with the 10.1's and the Yamaha. The 10.1s really are stunning for the money and it is easy to upgrade the system as you go forward. I woulnt go to town on the cable - we use a Black Rhodium T50 on these speakers with good results.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

Would you call these bright or warm sounding speakers? I heard that the Diamond 9.1 wouldn't match with my Yamaha system since both produce a warm sound signature. Would the same apply to the Diamond 10.1? or even the Avianos?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The 10.1s are neither bright nor warm. They have a big sound with a good amount of bass for their size and they have a slight emphasis on the treble as you would expect from a product at this price point. The main issue is the clarity of sound and the new Wharfedale range has plenty of that.

The Yamaha has a good full stereo sound and will be a fine match.

A

Anonymous

How would you compare the Diamond 10s with the Avianos? I realize that the Diamond 10.1 beat the Aviano 1 in What Hi-Fi's Group test, but why is that? Is it just because the Avianos are a bit harder to match with an existing system?

Also, Looking into it more, I realize that the Diamond 10.2 are more similarly priced with the Aviano 1 (at least, around here)... How do the 10.2 compare with the 10.1? Are they truly better in every way? Or can they just produce a higher volume of sound? Does it make sense to put them in a bedroom of 4m x 8m?

A

Anonymous

Any chance of getting an answer from the What Hi-Fi staff (or at leasfrom someone who heard both line of speakers)? I can't audition these speakers since these are only available in in online stores (at least, in my country). I'm really anxious to know which of these speakers matches the best with my Yamaha RX-V663 AV receiver.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts