AVI system

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry about the rubbish photos. The light wasn't very good.

PC1_zpsnfrbwjjt.jpg

PC3_zpsqdthshpp.jpg

Nak22_zpsuz1s5ogz.jpg

Nak3_zpsufhmz7kn.jpg

PCO2_zpsdvsx0yts.jpg

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
It's really annoying the way this forum squashes pictures instead of resizing them without changing the ratio.

Looks fine here. Don't you have a 1920 x 1080 monitor?

EDIT: Ok pic 4 looks a bit stretched. Why not just resize them?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Way more boxes and mains leads than I expected for an active system.

Wouldn't you be better off with ADM9s with their built in remote controlled DAC/pre-amp and larger bass/mid drivers? A lot less clutter without sub, pre-amp/DAC etc. and their mains leads and connecting cables. (And expense.)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Anderson said:
You could have tidied though!

...and painted the walls.

I've been too busy this afternoon and it was all done in a bit of a hurry.

Long term I intend getting rid of the desk and replace it with a cusom made stand for the sub, DAC and a TV and having it as a mid-field rather than near field system. It'll look properly smart then.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
Way more boxes and mains leads than I expected for an active system.

Wouldn't you be better off with ADM9s with their built in remote controlled DAC/pre-amp and larger bass/mid drivers? A lot less clutter without sub, pre-amp/DAC etc. and their mains leads and connecting cables. (And expense.)

Yeah those wires need tidying up. Usually the Nakamichi DAC lives in the shelf under the table so that HDMI cable stretching across isn't usually noticable.

It'd be a lot simpler and less wirey to just have a pair of DM10's but I'm still an audiophile at heart which means having maximum complication and inconvenience. ;)

Seriously though, I'm actually looking to get some DM10's but I'll still use the subwoofer and Nakamichi DAC because I want a display and easily adjustable subwoofer management which the DM10's wouldn't offer on their own.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The Nakamichi looks much larger than I imagined but once you get a dedicated stand everything will look much sleeker. The Nak functions v price is unbelievable.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
relocated said:
The Nakamichi looks much larger than I imagined but once you get a dedicated stand everything will look much sleeker. The Nak functions v price is unbelievable.

At about 46cm wide it's a full width piece of kit but not very tall so better looking than an AVR. I put it on top of the table to show it clearer in the photos but when it's on the shelf under the table it looks better and doesn't take up any space.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Nice set-up. Though in 2015 I didn't realise some people still used huge PCs the size of a 1990s NT server :-D What you need is a nice all-in-one to reduce your clutter and box count. Oh and that Nakamchi is a gorgeous piece of art.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts