AV2110 CABLE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am new to this so please excuse any naivety on my part.

I have just bought a Panasonic TH46PZ81B (the one with buit in free-sat). When I viewed the Sky + picture, it was poor and not very clear. Also, when viewing the sky planner and Tv guide, the text appeared fuzzy as well. So, I went and bought a QED AV2110 cable. The picture has improved tremendously. However, when I look at viewing guide on the Sky Planner, the text does not seem to have improved to the same extent as the picture (which is much better)..

Can anyone shed any light on this? Is this normal?

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi there, I have the 42"PZ85 and had the same sort of problems with the text on sky being a bit fuzzy. It's all down to the limitations of the scart connection and the fact it's a SD picture being upscaled to HD. I havn't upgraded my scart cables yet but it's on my things to do list when I get some spare cash.

There are a few things you can do to try and improve things though, 1st of all make sure your tv is properly setup by using the THX optimiser found on alot of dvd's. Star wars and some pixar films have this on and others. Basically it's a series of test patterns that you use to adjust your picture settings. Really easy to use and is alot better than trying to guesstimate by eye.

Also im not sure if you have the same feature on your model, but I have the "3D-COMB" filter turned on. This deffinately sharpens up the text on sky and seems to improve the picture quality of programs as well. Most people will tell you to turn off all the picture processing modes on any tv, as they can make things worse instead of better. But it's deffinately an improvement with it turned on. I have the picture noise reduction(P-NR) set to min as well. Helps to clean up some of the picture noise off sky.

Other than that the only way your going to improve things is with the sky hd box, as this uses HDMI instead of scart. So should give a better picture.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I turned the 3D comb filter on. Picture and text showed a big improvement. Thanks.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
No problem. Glad it worked on your set up as well. I wasn't sure if it was down to my cables, hopefully upgrading these soon as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts